TOKYO, JAPAN, September 21, 2011 ---
DOCOMO will showcase its latest products and services, including its extra-high-speed next-generation LTE service, Xi™ (read “Crossy”), plus a broad array of futuristic ideas and products that demonstrate DOCOMO’s status as a world-class mobile operator and growing provider of comprehensive services centered on mobility
Fumio Iwasaki, Executive Vice President and Member of the Board of Directors, will deliver a keynote speech, entitled “DOCOMO’s Network to Support Smart Innovation,” during the show.
Highlights of DOCOMO Exhibits at CEATEC (please see attachment)
Extra-high-speed, next-generation LTE service
- Experience the first Xi-compatible tablets “docomo Tablet GALAXY Tab 10.1 LTE SC-01D” and “docomo Tablet ARROWS Tab LTE F-01D,” set for October release.
- Try out new broadband services for the high-performance Xi network, including internationally popular services and games such as Hulu and Qik Video.
Smartphone-ready device to measure acetone in breath for diet support
- The compact device measuring acetone for diet support that can easily be used anywhere and anytime.
- Visitors blow into the smartphone-connected device to measure acetone in their breath-the higher the concentration, the greater the level of hunger.
- The device also identifies when people are burning fat, based on the concentration of acetone in their breath, which rises when body fat is being burnt.
Smartphone jacket for ultra-high-speed battery charging
- This special battery jacket for smartphones achieves a full charge in just 10 minutes. A recharging indicator will show how the jacket will charge a smartphone
10~15times faster than conventional charging devices.
Smartphone jackets for various purposes
- Three types of special jackets for smartphones that are equipped with sensors that can be customized to measure ultraviolet light and bad breath, gamma radiation and body fat.
Environmental sensor network
- Presentation of real-time atmospheric data (temperature, humidity, wind
direction/speed, precipitation, ultraviolet intensity) collected by DOCOMO’s nationwide network of approximately 2,500 environmental sensors, and a demonstration of visualizing the data using augmented reality.
The DOCOMO booth will also offer a mobile handset recycling service, where visitors can drop off old and unwanted mobile phones, rechargers, battery packs and stands. This service is open to all mobile phone users regardless of their carrier, and mobile phones will be destroyed using specialized tools to ensure the protection of personal information.
For DOCOMO booth videos, workshops and more (Japanese only), please visit
CEATEC JAPAN 2011
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM, October 4 - 8, 2011 (October 4 by special invitation only)
1,000 yen at door or free for pre-registered visitors (no charge on Saturday, October 8)
NTT DOCOMO NTT DOCOMOis a world-leading mobile operator and growing provider of comprehensive services centered on mobility. The company serves over 58 million customers in Japan via advanced wireless networks, including a nationwide 3G network and one of the world’s first commercial LTE networks. Leveraging its unique capabilities as a mobile operator, DOCOMO is a leading developer of cutting-edge technologies for NFC mobile payments, mobile GPS, mobile TV, intuitive mobile assistance, environmental monitoring, smart grids and much more. Overseas, the company provides technical and operational expertise to eight mobile operators and other partner companies. NTT DOCOMOis listed on the Tokyo (9437), London (NDCM) and New York (DCM) stock exchanges. Please visit www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english for more information.
Xi is a trademark or registered trademark of
Xi is only available to subscribers in Japan.
All listed product names are registered or unregistered trademarks of their respective owners.