TOKYO, JAPAN, August 28, 2012 ---
Key features of the new lineup include the following:
- All models are capable of a maximum downlink speed of 75 Mbps and run on Android™ 4.0.
- Three of the five models are compatible with the NOTTV V-high multimedia broadcasting service, including the first NOTTV-compatible GALAXY tablet.
- One smartphone with an enhanced quad core CPU and four models, including both tablets, with dual core CPUs.
- One model designed collaboratively with fashion leader Vivienne Westwood.
- Tablets with 7-inch-class screens for dynamic enjoyment of video and Internet content.
- Some models are equipped for water resistance, Osaifu-Keitai™ mobile wallet and/or infrared communication, and all models are equipped for One-Seg terrestrial digital broadcasting and tethering.
The new models and their planned launches are as follows:
|AQUOS PHONE™ si SH-01E||October||Full-feature compact smartphone with thin-framed 4.1-inch display to maximize screen, 12.1-megapixel camera and advanced “ProPix” processor for brilliant, high-definition images.|
|SH-01E Vivienne Westwood||November or December||Limited-production (30,000 units) luxury smartphone designed collaboratively with fashion leader Vivienne Westwood. Comes with exclusive content preinstalled.|
|Ascend HW-01E||October or November||Quick-action operation, including lightning-fast 5-second startup1. Comes with 13.1-megapixel camera and NOTTV compatibility.|
|Optimus G L-01E||October or November||High-spec smartphone with powerful quad-core CPU, 2GB RAM and 2,210mAh high-capacity battery for quick, smooth operation. Compatible with NOTTV.|
|MEDIAS™ TAB UL N-08D||September or October||World’s lightest tablet2 with 7-inch display weighs 249g and has 7.9mm-thin body. Comes with 1.5GHz dual core CPU and HD haptics vibration technology for extra-tactile touch screen.|
|GALAXY Tab 7.7 Plus SC-01E||October or November||World’s largest organic EL display3 at 7.7 inches. Features a 7.9mm-thin body and 5,100mAh large-capacity battery. The first GALAXY model compatible with NOTTV and the first GALAXY tablet compatible with One-Seg.|
1. As of July 31, 2012, according to Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
2. As of August 13, 2012, according to NEC CASIO Mobile Communications, Ltd.
3. As of August 28, 2012, according to Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- About NTT DOCOMO
NTT DOCOMOis a world-leading integrated-services company centered on mobility. The company serves over 60 million mobile customers in Japan via advanced wireless networks, including a nationwide 3G network and one of the world’s first commercial LTE networks. Leveraging its unique capabilities as a mobile operator, DOCOMO is a leading developer of cutting-edge technologies for NFC mobile payments, mobile GPS, mobile TV, intuitive mobile assistance, environmental monitoring, smart grids and much more. Overseas, the company provides technical and operational expertise to eight mobile operators and other partner companies. NTT DOCOMOis listed on the Tokyo (9437), London (NDCM) and New York (DCM) stock exchanges. Please visit www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english for more information.
All devices are under development, and the specifications are subject to change.
Xi and Osaifu-Keitai are trademarks of
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
NOTTV is a trademark of mmbi, Inc.
AQUOS PHONE is a trademark or registered trademark of Sharp Corporation.
MEDIAS is a trademark of NEC CASIO Mobile Communications, Ltd.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.