What Is Tegaki Hon'yaku?
Tegaki Hon'yaku is a free app to translate a word or sentence handwritten on a tablet or smartphone. It helps you with communications during international business travel or communications with tourists from overseas in department stores or shops.
- Used in a noisy environment where conversations are difficult to have.
- Used for people with hearing or speaking disabilities.
- Enables new communications including guiding people with a comment added to a hand-drawn map.
Communications during international business travel
Installing Tegaki Hon'yaku to the business tablets of employees who go abroad on business helps them live or communicate with people overseas.
Guide for foreign visitors and tourists
This service makes communication smoother when explaining something that is difficult to convey with just words by inserting a drawing, map, or image as well as translation.
Supported operating systems
- iOS version: iOS 9 or later
- Android version: Android 4.3 or later
|Supported languages||Japanese <=> English, Mandarin, Taiwanese Mandarin, Korean, French, Spanish
More to be added
|Connection environment||3G/LTE connected: Service available
Wi-Fi connected: Service available
Outside the service area: Service unavailable
Inquiries by Phone
docomo Corporate Information Center
9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays and New Year's holidays)
- Not available from overseas.
- iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
- Apple, the Apple Logo, Apple Watch, iPad, iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The iPhone trademark is used under license from AiPhone Co., Ltd. App Store, AppleCare, iCloud are service marks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. TM and © 2019 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.