Partial Revision of Requirements for Billing Plans
The monthly charges without mid-term cancellation charge of a two-year subscription or fixed period subscription will be reduce. For details, see the press release.
Recommended for tablets. With Gigaho or Gigalight, you can even share your data amount for an additional ¥1,000 a month.
Data Plus can be used for an additional ¥1,000 per month only if you are subscribed to a Gigaho or Gigalight line under the same subscriber name.*1
- Application : Required
These are monthly charges of Data Plus.*2
|Monthly charges||Fixed period subscription||¥1,000|
|Non-fixed period subscription||¥2,500|
|Available data volume||-*3|
Paired Billing Plan
You are required to have a subscription to Gigaho or Gigalight in order to use Data Plus. You also need to configure your devices to specify the lines you wish to pair.
- Up to 30 GB a month without speed restrictions
- For data usage between 1 GB and 7 GB, you pay only for the data amount you use each month.
About Available Data Amount
The data amount used on the Data Plus subscription will pull data amount from your paired Gigaho or Gigalight subscription. If you have surpassed your data limit for the month, your maximum data rate under Gigaho will be 1 Mbps when sending or receiving, or 128 kbps when sending and receiving under Gigalight, and the rate on your paired Data Plus device will depend on the plan to which you are paired.
This is a billing plan for one person who wishes to use both smartphone and tablet. With Data Plus you can use devices economically.
Please be sure to read the following before applying for Data Plus.
About billing plan in general
- Monthly Support, Device Purchase Support, docomo with, docomo Student Discount, and e-billing Discount do not apply to Gigaho, Gigalight, Keitai Plan, Data Plus, nor Kids Keitai Plan (hereinafter referred to as Billing Plans [Gigaho, etc.]). When changing to plans to Billing Plans (Gigaho, etc.) for a line for which a discount has already been applied, the discount will be terminated. (If you change to Billing Plans [Gigaho, etc.] during the cancellation charge period for Device Purchase Support, you will be required to pay the preset cancellation charge.
- Billing Plans (Gigaho, etc.) (excluding Kids Keitai Plan) are billing plans that require a subscription to a designated ISP service. The listed monthly charges include the monthly charges (¥300/month) for the designated ISP service. If you use an ISP service with a monthly charge of ¥500, ¥200 will be added to the listed monthly charges.
[Designated ISP Services]
sp-mode (¥300/month)/mopera U Standard Plan (¥500/month)/Business mopera Internet (¥300/month)
- For new subscriptions or an immediate change in billing plan, the new billing plan will be applied on the day of your application.
- The monthly charges for billing plans and Voice Option will not be calculated on a per diem basis, regardless of the days of use. However, the monthly charge of the month of your application will be calculated with a per diem basis only if you apply for the service at the time of a new subscription application (including MNP). (Even if you apply for the service at the time of a new subscription application [including MNP], if you change/cancel/terminate your subscription during the same month [excluding changes/termination at an end of month appointment], the per diem basis will not be applied. When a per diem basis is applied, Gigalight will be calculated on a per diem basis according to the step of the new contract (including MNP) month.
- The monthly usage charges for ISP services will be calculated at a per diem basis depending on the number of days of use. When you are not subscribed to an ISP service and apply to change to a Billing Plan (Gigaho, etc.) that will be applied the following month, you will be required to subscribe to an ISP service on the month of your application, but you will not be charged until the following month. (If communications using an ISP service occur during the month that you applied for a Billing Plan (Gigaho, etc.) that is to be applied the following month, you will be billed for the communications occurred according to the billing plan of the month of your application.
- With regards to billing statement usage charges, if the Billing Plan (Gigaho, etc.) subscriber (or the representative subscriber of the Billing Plan [Gigaho, etc.] if subscribed to a single billing service) would like the stetement by post, you will be charged an issuance charge of ¥100 per bill for those paying by automatic bank transfer or credit card, or ¥150 per bill for those paying by bill. (Excludes customers who are not responsible for the issuance charge of their bill, etc.)
- Those who subscribe to a Billing Plan (Gigaho, etc.) (excluding Kids Keitai Plan) may use the docomo Wi-Fi ISP option until June 30, 2020. During this period, the option will be free of charge because of the Free docomo Wi-Fi Campaign.
In order to continue using the new Wi-Fi service after this campaign ends, you will need to be issued a d ACCOUNT and register your d POINT user information. Register early. We will provide details about our new Wi-Fi service separately on the DOCOMO website and such.
- The Hearty Discount is applied to billing plans with a non-fixed period subscription. For Gigaho, Gigalight, Data Plus, and Keitai Plan, the amount of discount is ¥1,700 including the ISP service discount, and for the Kids Keitai Plan, the amount of discount is ¥500.
- During international roaming, the SMS sending charge is ¥100 per message, and SMS sending charges for the ship/airplane roaming services are ¥170 per message. SMS messages can contain up to 70 characters in all cases.
- Consumption tax is not added.
- If you are changing billing plans multiple times during the same month, a processing charge of ¥1,000 will be applied from the third time you change.
- Depending on network congestion, communication may be slow, or connection may be difficult. If your data usage is especially high within the last three days including the current day (FOMA: over 3,000,000 packets), your data rate may become slower than customers who have not used as much data. (This applies to communications on FOMA devices used under Xi subscriptions.) If you use a large amount of data during a certain period of time or during a single connection, you are connected for a long time, or you connect repeatedly during a certain amount of time, your communications may be interrupted.
About fixed period subscriptions
- Under the condition that you remain on the same line for 2 years, your subscription will be automatically renewed every 2 years as long as you do not change your billing plan or change or cancel your subscription. However, if you have opted for no automatic renewal, your billing plan will be automatically changed to a billing plan without fixed period subscription starting the month following the final month of your subscription. Within the subscription period, you may change to a subscription with an automatic renewal.
- You may apply for no automatic renewal anytime between the 1st and 22nd month of your subscription.
- The subscription period is 2 years (24 months), and the day of your application to the end of the following month is considered the 1st month (unless you applied on the 1st of the month, in which case the 1st month is considered to be the month of your application).
- If you are subscribed to a fixed period subscription type basic plan and fixed period subscription type discount service before the change, the subscription periods will be continued.
- If you cancel your line or change to a billing plan without fix-period subscription during the subscription period, you will be charged a cancellation fee. However, you will not be charged a cancellation fee if you cancel or change during the renewal period* that starts on the final month of your subscription.
- The renewal period is three months: the month of the end of the two-year fixed period subscription, and the following two months.
- The cancellation fee is ¥9,500.
- You will not be charged a cancellation fee if you apply for a Hearty Discount when changing to a billing plan without fixed period subscription.
- A cancellation charge will be billed at the time of billing for the use in the month procedures were conducted. Note that a cancellation charge will be billed together with the use charge for the month prior to the month procedures were conducted only if a cancellation charge is incurred from procedures on the first day of a month.
- If you transfer your subscription or succeed the subscription, the subscription period will continue as is. (You will not be charged a cancellation fee.)
- The subscription cannot be combined with a Hearty Discount.
- If you change from a billing plan with a fixed period subscription to the Kids Keitai Plan, the subscription period will not be succeeded and will be reset. However, you will not be charged a cancellation fee.
- If you change between the same billing plan with fixed period subscription and non-fixed period subscription during the middle of a month, you will only be charged with the monthly charge of the billing plan without fixed period subscription.
- If you use Phone Number Storage while subscribed to a billing plan with fixed period subscription, the fixed period subscription period will not be succeeded. If you select a billing plan with fixed period subscription when canceling Phone Number Storage, a new two-year fixed period subscription period will begin.
About Data Plus
- It is only possible to apply if you are subscribed to Gigaho or Gigalight under the same name, and if you wish to change the name of the subscriber, you will need to change the name of the subscriber for each line. Additionally, if you no longer meet the requirements, your plan may be changed to Gigalight.
- If you have surpassed your monthly data limit, your adjusted data rate will be based on the billing plan with which you are paired.
- For lines subscribed to Data Plus, additional data cannot be purchased with Speed Mode or Additional 1 GB Option. You must apply from the paired Gigaho or Gigalight line.
- If you have selected Free Course and are changing to Gigaho, Gigalight, Keitai Plan, or Kids Keitai Plan, the change will be applied immediately upon application.
- You may only apply if you are subscribed to Gigaho or Gigalight under the same subscriber name. You cannot subscribe to Data Plus alone.
- Voice calls cannot be used.
- The data amount for a line subscribed to Data Plus is taken from the available data amount of the paired Gigaho or Gigalight.
- This is the charge with two-year fixed period subscription when Minna DOCOMO Wari (3 lines or more) and Gigaho Wari are applied.
- Unless otherwise specified, all indicated amounts exclude tax.