Releasing of HEVC Decoding Software
DOCOMO's HEVC decoding software is one of the most advanced software for decoding video content conforming to the latest international standard jointly developed by ITU-T and ISO/IEC, known as H.265 and ISO/IEC 23008-2, respectively. This decoding software can playback, in real time, full HD video on smartphones and UHDTV video at 60 frames per second on a PC. The releasing of the decoding software is aimed at facilitating the development of HEVC products and contributing to the widespread deployment of mobile video service using HEVC standard.
Developers of HEVC decoder products are welcome to make reference to the software. For enquiries about licensing the HEVC decoding software, please refer to the qualification and licensing process below and submit the online registration form. Please note that this web application process will be available until February 2014.
- Submit online registration form.
- DOCOMO will assess your registration and send your company an application form and NDA.
- Your company should submit the completed and signed application form and NDA via post or FAX.
- DOCOMO will assess your application and contact your company regarding the application.
- Your company and DOCOMO will execute the license agreement for the HEVC decoding software.
- After paying the license fee, DOCOMO will provide the HEVC decoding software.
For further details regarding Licensing Process please refer to this document.
(Open a PDF file)HEVC Decoder Software License Application and Agreement Process (PDF format: 188KB)
HEVC-related Technical Journal
International Standardization of Next Generation Video Coding Scheme Realizing High-quality, High-efficiency Video Transmission and Outline of Technologies Proposed by NTT DOCOMO