DOCOMO is introducing home 5G, which requires no on-site installation to set up a Wi-Fi network at home!
After subscribing, all you have to do is connect the dedicated 5G-compatible home router*1 to an outlet to set up a Wi-Fi environment that allows you to use DOCOMO's secure and reliable 5G/4G network.
Customers who are not subscribed to a DOCOMO line can also use home 5G.
Three Features of home 5G
Just connect the router to an outlet
No on-site installation is required. After subscribing, all you have to do is connect the dedicated 5G-compatible home router to an outlet to set up a Wi-Fi environment.
You can use the high-quality DOCOMO network with unlimited data.
- Depending on network congestion, communication may be slow, or connection may be difficult. If your data usage is especially high within the last three days including the current day, your data rate may become slower than customers who have not used as much data. If you use a large amount of data during a certain period of time or during a single connection, you are connected for a long time, or you connect repeatedly during a certain amount of time, your communications may be interrupted.
Support for High-speed 5G Communications
- The maximum transmission speed for wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) is 1201 Mbps.*3
- 5G communications are only available in 5G areas. Please refer to Service Area Map (in Japanese only) to check 5G service areas. The data rate varies depending on the communications service provided at the device installation location.
- The data rate is the maximum value of the technical specification when sending and receiving and does not represent the actual data rate. Communications are provided on a best-effort basis and actual data rates may differ depending on the communications environment.
- The maximum rate for receiving data is 1000 Mbps for a wired LAN network and 1201 Mbps for a wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) network. (Indicated rates are the maximum value of the technical specifications.) When connecting your device, the data rate will vary depending on your communication environment and the specifications of the connected device.
5G-compatible Home Router
The following is an introduction to the dedicated device required for using home 5G.
home 5G HR01
- 5G communications are only available in 5G areas. For details on areas, please refer to Service Area Map (in Japanese only) on DOCOMO's website. This service is also available in 4G areas.
- You need to subscribe to home 5G Plan to use HR01.
You need to subscribe to the following billing plan to use home 5G.
home 5G Plan
You can use home 5G for ¥4,950 (incl. tax) per month.
Furthermore, if there is a line in your Family Discount group that uses both home 5G and an applicable billing plan for smartphone, the subscriber of each line can receive a discount of up to ¥1,100 (incl. tax) from the monthly charges indefinitely with home 5G Set Wari (in Japanese only).
Please refer to the following for details on the billing plan.
- This is applicable to customers with subscriptions to 5G Gigaho Premier, 5G Gigaho, Gigaho Premier, Gigaho, 5G Gigalight (over 1 GB), or Gigalight (over 1 GB) in the same Family Discount group as the home 5G subscriber (For Gigaho or Gigalight, home 5G Set Wari is applicable to customers who subscribed on or after October 1, 2019). For 5G Gigalight/Gigalight (between over 1 GB and 3 GB), the monthly discount is ¥550 (incl. tax). This discount is not applied if you are subscribed to 5G Gigalight or Gigalight but the amount of data usage is 1 GB or less.
- If there is a line in your Family Discount group that is subscribed to both docomo Hikari and home 5G Plan, docomo Hikari set discount will apply.
If there is a line in the group that is subscribed to both docomo Hikari Mini and home 5G Plan, home 5G Set Wari will apply. If the monthly charge is calculated on a per diem basis, the discount amount is also calculated per diem.
- The discount from the monthly charge for DOCOMO's Giga plan will be offered.
- DOCOMO's Giga plan is a generic term for 5G Gigaho Premier, 5G Gigaho, 5G Gigalight, Gigaho Premier, Gigaho and Gigalight.
- In the case of Gigaho or Gigalight, this discount applies to customers who subscribed to Gigaho or Gigalight on or after October 1, 2019.
home 5G Plan (in Japanese only)
How to Purchase
For using home 5G, you need to purchase the 5G-compatible home router, HR01, and apply for home 5G Plan.
How to Purchase home 5G HR01
You can purchase the product from docomo Online Shop or at a docomo Shop.
Purchase from docomo Online Shop
- d ACCOUNT is required to purchase from docomo Online Shop.
- The securing of this product is according to the reservation order while we accept the designation of the delivery date with a turn of the purchase procedure completion.
- The orders through the Online Shop made by minors can not be accepted. Please note that even orders are made, we can not take the orders.
- Please note that until the arrival of the product (if docomo UIM card is issued, until the start of use), the next product cannot be purchased.
Reserve online and purchase at docomo Shop or retailer
Conditions of Provision
Please check the Conditions of Provision for details on the billing plan and discount service.
A Service Pack for Affordable Security!
The following is an introduction to a subscription service that makes home 5G more reliable and secure.
home 5G Pack
This is the affordable service pack including Mobile Device Protection Service, which covers failures on the dedicated home router, and Network Security, which provides PC security features.
An application is required to use this service. Please refer to the following for details.
All shops provide this support service through interpreters, to enable foreign language speaking customers to stop by freely and comfortably.
Inquiries by Phone
open all year round
From landline phones etc.
Available languages: English, Portuguese, Chinese, and Spanish.
9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- May not be accessible from some IP phones.
- Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- QR code is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED.