TOKYO, JAPAN, March 18, 2004 --- NTT DoCoMo, Inc. and eight regional subsidiaries announced today that the SH900i, the fourth handset in the new 3G FOMA® 900i series, will be released on March 20, 2004.
The 900i series, the most advanced series of FOMA i-mode® mobile phones ever released, features a Macromedia® Flash™-equipped browser, HTML e-mail and avatar-capable videophone. Compared with the original series of FOMA phones, 900i models offer three times longer standby and weigh 20 percent less. The just-released 900i series is expected to fuel a sharp increase in FOMA subscribers.
The main features of the FOMA SH900i include:
- CCD camera with 2.02 mega-pixel effective resolution and 2 mega-pixel recorded resolution. Takes max. 2 mega-dot (1,224 x 1,632) photos. Auto focus works even with close-ups.
- 20x digital zoom. Takes up to 25 continuous photos. Bracket Multishot takes up to nine continuous photos in different hues. Overlap Multishot overlaps five continuous photos for composite images.
- Document Viewer that reads e-mail stored in miniSD™ memory card and files made with Microsoft® Word, Microsoft® Excel, Microsoft® Powerpoint®, PDF, etc.
- Close-up photos of written material (approx. 60 alphanumeric characters) that may be read, converted (via OCR) and stored as phone numbers, e-mail addresses or URLs.
- Voice recorder that enables up to 120 minutes of voice recorded on a 16 MB miniSD card.
- Function enabling menu operation and e-mail access via sub-display even when handset is closed.
The SH900i, like other 900i models, is equipped with a Macromedia Flash browser to enjoy rich content enhanced with highly fluid animation. It handles Flash applications of up to 100K (compared to 20K in 2G mova® 505i series). It also is equipped for richer, more sophisticated online games than ever before. Java®-based i-appli™ applications offer a 400K scratch pad and up to 100K for content/archiving (compared to 200K and 30K in existing FOMA models).
All 900i series handsets have high-resolution cameras ranging up to two mega-pixel and a slot for either a MemoryStick Duo™ or miniSD memory card (depending on the model). For more details about the 900i series, please see the news release dated December 18, 2003 at www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/.
NTT DoCoMo will expand its 3G FOMA service area to 99.9% of populated areas in the Kanto-Koshinetsu region by the end of March 2004.
The SH900i will be available through NTT DoCoMo's all sales channels on March 20. The price of the handset, including a 16 MB miniSD memory card will be open (unfixed). The standard accessory kit, including battery pack, AC adapter and desktop holder, will cost 3,500 yen.
For more details about the FOMA SH900i, please see the attachment.
Height x width x thickness
|105 x 51 x 26 mm|
|Weight||Approx. 132 grams|
|Static Stand-by Time*||Approx. 480 hours|
|Dynamic Stand-by Time**||Approx. 380 hours|
|Continuous Talk Time||Approx. 140 minutes|
|Continuous Video Calling||Approx. 90 minutes|
|Main LCD||Approx. 2.4 inches (320 x 240 dots);
262,144 colors; QVGA; TFT
|Sub LCD||Approx. 1.2 inch (160 x 120 dots);
65,536 colors; TFT
|External Memory Device||miniSD memory card|
Effective resolution: 2.02 mega-pixels
Recorded resolution: 2 mega-pixels
Effective resolution: 110,000 pixels
Recorded resolution: 100,000 pixels
|Basic Colors||Silver, Red, or Blue|
* Static stand-by time: An estimate of continuous stand-by time when the handset is motionless.
** Dynamic stand-by time: An estimate of continuous stand-by time when the handset remains closed and is in transit within an area where reception is normal.
About NTT DoCoMo
NTT DoCoMo is listed on the Tokyo (9437), London (NDCM), and New York (DCM) stock exchanges. For more information, visit www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english
i-mode and FOMA are trademarks or registered trademarks of
NTT DoCoMo's FOMA service is available only to subscribers in Japan.
mova and i-appli are registered trademarks or trademarks of NTT DoCoMo, Inc. in Japan.
Macromedia and Macromedia Flash are trademarks or registered trademarks of Macromedia, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel are product names of
Microsoft and PowerPoint are registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S.A. and other countries.
Java is a registered trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
miniSD is a trademark of SD Association in Japan.
MemoryStick Duo is a trademark of Sony Corporation.