TOKYO, JAPAN, April 14, 2005 --- NTT DoCoMo, Inc. and its eight regional subsidiaries announced today that they have developed a highly advanced, business-use FOMA® handset that will provide full access to the Web with its Opera 7.5 browser.*1 The M1000 will be compatible with overseas networks, work with POP and IMAP e-mail and open e-mail attachments.*2
The main features will include:
- Compatible with overseas W-CDMA, GSM and GPRS networks and public wireless LANs.*2
- Opens Microsoft® Word, Microsoft® Excel, Microsoft® PowerPoint, PDF, etc. files.
- Works with multiple e-mail accounts.
- Access to DoCoMo's public wireless LANs in airports, subways, etc. for a flat rate.*2
- Bluetooth® compatible for hands-free telephone calls (using wireless headset) and wireless connection to PCs.
- Preinstalled with personal information management (PIM) software.
- Remote access to intranets.*3
- Free software development kit.
*1 Via NTT DoCoMo's ISP services, mopera U® or other ISP.
*2 Requires subscription to mopera U.
*3 Requires subscription to business moperaTM.
Main specifications of FOMA M1000
|Height x width x thickness (folded)||117 x 59.5 x 21.5 mm|
|Weight (including stylus)||Approx. 168 g|
|3G (W-CDMA network)||Continuous Talk Time||Approx. 120 minutes|
|Continuous Video Calling||Approx. 80 minutes|
|Continuous Stand-by Time||
Approx. 200 hours (Static)
Approx. 110 hours (Dynamic)
|GSM networks||Continuous Talk Time||Approx. 280 minutes|
|Continuous Stand-by Time||Approx. 200 hours|
|Main Display||Approx. 2.9 inches (208 x 320 dots); 65,536 colors; transmissive reflective TFT LCD|
Outer: CMOS camera
Effective resolution: 1.31 megapixels
Recorded resolution: 1.22 megapixels
Inner: CMOS camera
Effective resolution: 310,000 pixels
Recorded resolution: 300,000 pixels
|Input interface||Touch panel with Haptics display|
|External Interfaces||USB 2.0/ Bluetooth 1.1|
|External memory||TransFlash® memory (32MB)/ SD memory card adapter|
|Colors||BlackSilver with DarkSilver|
|Internet browser||Opera 7.5|
TransFlash is a registered trademark of Sandisk Corporation.
About NTT DoCoMo
i-mode and FOMA are trademarks or registered trademarks of
NTT DoCoMo's FOMA service is only available to subscribers in Japan.
mopera U and business mopera are trademarks or registered trademarks of NTT DoCoMo, Inc.
Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel are product names of
Microsoft PowerPoint is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG Inc.