Tokyo, January 24, 2008 -
The two companies will also collaborate to enhance the user-friendliness of
A summary of the agreement items follows.
1. Purpose of this partnership:
Google, one of the largest search engines in the world, is aiming to fulfill the mission of "organizing the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful."
2. Outline of this partnership:
(1) Extension of search services on
In addition to the existing
(2) Search-related advertisements
Simultaneously with the launch of the new search services in spring 2008, key-word based advertisements using Google's ad platform AdWords™ will also be provided on the search-result pages in conjunction with the search results.
(3) More Google services for
As a first initiative beyond searches, Google Maps for Mobile is under discussion to become a standard pre-installed application on upcoming
(4) Other possible mobile marketing services
Google, in conjunction with DoCoMo and its subsidiaries, will also further study the possibility of new mobile marketing services directed towards
(5) Possible deployment of Android™ platform
DoCoMo and Google will also continue to study the possibility of bringing Android based handsets to the Japanese market. Android, a revolutionary platform for mobile phones, was announced by the Open Handset Alliance™ (OHA) last fall, in which Google was the key initiator of the Android project.
- About NTT DoCoMo, Inc.
NTT DoCoMois the world's leading mobile communications company. DoCoMo serves over 53 million customers, including 40 million people subscribing to FOMA™, launched as the world's first 3G mobile service based on W-CDMAin 2001. DoCoMo also offers a wide variety of leading-edge mobile multimedia services, including i-mode, the world's most popular mobile e-mail/Internet service, used by nearly 48 million people. With the addition of credit-card and other e-wallet functions, DoCoMo mobile phones have become highly versatile tools for daily life. NTT DoCoMois listed on the Tokyo (9437), London (NDCM) and New York (DCM) stock exchanges. For more information, visit www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english.
- About Google Inc.
- Google's innovative search technologies connect millions of people around the world with information every day. Founded in 1998 by Stanford Ph.D. students Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Google today is a top web property in all major global markets. Google's targeted advertising program provides businesses of all sizes with measurable results, while enhancing the overall web experience for users. Google is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, please visit http://www.google.com.
Google and the Google logo are trademarks of Google Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associate.