TOKYO, JAPAN, April 25, 2008 ---
- Reason for share repurchase
To improve capital efficiency and to implement flexible capital policies in accordance with the business environment.
- Details of share repurchase
(1) Class of shares: Common stock
(2) Number of shares to be repurchased: 900,000 shares (maximum)
(3) Aggregate price of shares to be repurchased: 150 billion yen (maximum)
(4) Period for share repurchase: one year from the day after the conclusion of the 17th annual ordinary general meeting
The above repurchase of shares is subject to the approval of DOCOMO's shareholders at the 17th annual ordinary general meeting to be held on June 20, 2008.
- About NTT DOCOMO
NTT DOCOMOis the world's leading mobile communications company. DOCOMO serves over 53 million customers, including 44 million people subscribing to FOMA™, launched as the world's first 3G mobile service based on W-CDMAin 2001. DOCOMO also offers a wide variety of leading-edge mobile multimedia services, including i-mode™, the world's most popular mobile e-mail/Internet service, used by 48 million people. With the addition of credit-card and other e-wallet functions, DOCOMO mobile phones have become highly versatile tools for daily life. NTT DOCOMOis listed on the Tokyo (9437), London (NDCM) and New York (DCM) stock exchanges. For more information, visit www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english.