TOKYO, JAPAN, November 9, 2009 ---
- Reasons for share repurchase
To improve capital efficiency and to implement flexible capital policies in accordance with the business environment
- Details of share repurchase
(1) Class of shares: Common stock
(2) Aggregate number of shares to be repurchased: Up to 160,000 shares (equal to 0.38% of total issued shares excluding treasury shares)
(3) Aggregate price of shares to be repurchased: Up to 20,000,000,000 yen
(4) Period for share repurchase: From November 10 to 30, 2009
Treasury shares held by
NTT DOCOMO, INC.as of November 9, 2009:
-Aggregate number of issued shares: 41,759,807 shares (excluding treasury shares)
-Number of treasury shares: 2,190,193 shares
NTT DOCOMO NTT DOCOMOis the world's leading mobile operator and provider of advanced mobile services. The company serves over 55 million customers in Japan, including 48 million using i-mode™, the world's most popular mobile e-mail/Internet platform, and 51 million using FOMA™, the world's original 3G mobile service based on W-CDMA. As a leader in the development of cutting-edge mobile technologies, DOCOMO is continually expanding the role of mobile phones as versatile and highly personalized "lifestyle tools" for everyday life, including with a wide range of innovative services for mobile payments, GPS, mobile TV, multimedia content and much more. NTT DOCOMOis listed on the Tokyo (9437), London (NDCM) and New York (DCM) stock exchanges. For more information, visit www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english.
FOMA service is only available in Japan.