TOKYO, JAPAN, November 10, 2009 ---
The new models and their planned launches are as follows:
Distinctive mobile phones designed like accessories and offered in a wide variety of fashionable designs and colors for individuals who want to project the latest "look."
|F-02B||November to December 2009||Jewelry-quality waterproof phone with a tiny, snap-on perfume holder for an air of elegance.|
|L-01B||February to March 2010||Hottest colors for body and illumination, plus auxiliary touchscreen for quick access to favorite functions.|
|L-02B||December 2009||Fashionable phone that looks chic and comes with special content for beauty tips.|
|L-03B||March 2010||Compact model with simple design and trilingual interface (Japanese/English/Korean) for active travelers.|
|N-01B||December 2009||Elegant illumination in colors reminiscent of French manicure designs.|
|N-03B||January to February 2010||Waterproof body with tough but beautiful water-pattern coating for enduring elegance.|
|P-02B||February to March 2010||Glamorous but cute swing/slider phone with touchscreen- operated camera.|
|SH-02B||November to December 2009||Crystal-patterned body surface with elegant illumination and smooth curves.|
|SH-04B||December 2009||Melting Sweet Chocolate model designed by accessory-maker Q-pot.™ .|
|SH-05B||February 2009||Dream teen phone designed by top models of Seventeen magazine.|
Full-feature mobile phones for the maximum enjoyment of video, games and other entertainment by people who love to explore the latest multimedia.
|F-01B||November 2009||High-spec waterproof phone with 12.2-megapixel camera.|
|F-04B||March to April 2010||High-spec phone with 12.2-megapixel camera and world's first* separable two-module body.|
|N-02B||December 2009||12.2-megapixel camera phone features quick, easy shooting and storage of photos.|
|P-01B||November to December 2009||VIERA® phone with high-speed auto-focus camera and keypad that converts into a touchpad.|
|SH-01B||November 20, 2009 (fixed)||AQUOS SHOT phone with CCD 12.1-megapixel camera and beautiful crystal-pattern body.|
Sophisticated mobile phones for busy people who want to live productively and enhance the management of their professional and private lives.
|F-03B||November to December 2009||Slim, waterproof phone with luxurious design and 12.2-megapixel camera.|
|P-03B||January to February 2010||Smartly designed slim handset with one of the longest battery lives among FOMA models.|
Most advanced high-spec mobile phones for those who love cutting-edge digital tools and can't get enough of the newest, hottest technology.
|SC-01B||February 2010||Windows Mobile® 6.5 smartphone featuring handy touchscreen and QWERTY keypad.|
|SH-03B||February 2010||Large 3.7-inch touchscreen and QWERTY keyboard for quick, smooth operation.|
|December 2009 to January 2010||Second model digital photo frame with 3G wireless connectivity for use with DOCOMO's Otayori Photo Service.|
Many new or updated features, including a variety of personalized services, will be introduced along with the launch of DOCOMO's new handset lineup:
- Auto-GPS for constant positioning
- Always-on mobile GPS to frequently reconfirm the user's most current location, which DOCOMO and third-party providers will use to offer convenient new services.
- A preinstalled auto-GPS map will offer proactive local information in a highly user-friendly format to keep users constantly informed about their surrounding area.
- Auto-GPS services from third-party providers will enable users to receive mail updates regarding the local weather, travel, games and much more.
i-concierservices i-concier™, DOCOMO's collection of highly personalized concierge-like services, also will use auto-GPS to provide exceptionally convenient location/time-relevant information via the phone's standby screen.
- Users will be informed of useful, fun or valuable information when they walk by a favorite store, restaurant, event site, etc.
- New services will include rapid weather updates and flight-gate information as the user approaches an airport.
- Also, public transport users will receive alerts about 15 minutes before the departure of the user's last train from the nearest station.
- More robust Data Security Services
- Expanded variety of data types can be stored online, including bookmarks, videos, phone settings, tones, etc., on secure DOCOMO servers.
- MyArea wireless coverage in homes
- Enhanced femtocell base transceiver station creates a private FOMA area in the home as a highly stable wireless environment for high-speed packet communication.
- Detects registered phones entering/leaving the private FOMA area and notifies other registered users by mail and/or dedicated website.
- Exclusive music and video content for MyArea subscribers.
- User-friendly guides
- In-phone operating manual that can be easily searched via keywords and content categories.
- Instruction booklets with large fonts and full-color pages.
- Upgraded transfers from Blu-ray Disc™ recorders
- More models compatible with Blu-ray Disc recorders for playback on phone.
- Transfer content between phones and recorders of different manufacturers.
- More HSUPA-compatible handsets
- More handsets compatible with HSUPA (High Speed Uplink Packet Access) for maximum uplink transmission speeds of 5.7 Mbps or 2.0 Mbps.
- Flexible parental control
- Guardian can use a passcode to restrict calls, mail,
i-mode™Internet browsing or change various settings.
- Child can set up a separate password to unlock certain non-sensitive detailed settings.
- Guardian can use a passcode to restrict calls, mail,
docomo STYLE series
docomo PRIME series
docomo SMART series
docomo PRO series
NTT DOCOMO NTT DOCOMOis the world's leading mobile operator and provider of advanced mobile services. The company serves over 55 million customers in Japan, including 48 million using i-mode™, the world's most popular mobile e-mail/Internet platform, and 51 million using FOMA™, the world's original 3G mobile service based on W-CDMA. As a leader in the development of cutting-edge mobile technologies, DOCOMO is continually expanding the role of mobile phones as versatile and highly personalized "lifestyle tools" for everyday life, including with a wide range of innovative services for mobile payments, GPS, mobile TV, multimedia content and much more. NTT DOCOMOis listed on the Tokyo (9437), London (NDCM) and New York (DCM) stock exchanges. For more information, visit www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english.
NTT DOCOMO's FOMA service is only available to subscribers in Japan.
VIERA is a registered trademark of Panasonic Corporation.
AQUOS SHOT is a registered trademark of Sharp Corporation.
Windows Mobile is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the united States and other countries.
Blu-ray Disc is a trademark of Blu-ray Disc Association