TOKYO, JAPAN, November 2, 2011 ---
- Initiatives for evolution of mobile services
DOCOMO will provide customers with greater enjoyment and convenience through flexible and expandable services and content in an open environment, in addition to enhancing operability through a diverse lineup of devices centered on smartphones. In addition to offering customers enhanced security environment and customer-support for greater peace of mind, DOCOMO will deliver a highly stable data-communication environment by steadily expanding the capacity and coverage of its ultra high-speed LTE mobile service, Xi™
(“crossy”). Through such efforts to promote the growth of smartphones and Xi usage, DOCOMO aims to increase smartphone subscriptions to 40 million and Xi subscriptions to 30 million by fiscal 2015. As a result of such growth, DOCOMO seeks growth in packet revenue of 1.5 times between fiscal 2011 and 2015.
- New value creation through convergence of industries/services
With an aim to become an Integrated Service Company, DOCOMO will drive innovation through convergence with various industries and services by collaborating with alliance partners, especially in fields that offer great synergy with DOCOMO’s mobile business. New value will be created in a wide range of business domains covering media/content business, finance/payment business, commerce business, medical/healthcare business, machine-to-machine (M2M) business, aggregation/platform business, environment/ecology business, and safety/security business. Through these efforts, DOCOMO aims to raise revenue from new business to approximately one trillion yen by fiscal 2015, an approximately 2.5 increase over fiscal 2011.
- Use of cloud and initiatives for building customer trust and delivering peace of mind
DOCOMO will propel service innovation and convergence of industries/services leveraging “DOCOMO’s clouds” (“personal,” “business” and network clouds), to allow people to lead a smart life characterized by enhanced convenience, fulfillment, efficiency and safety/security. DOCOMO will leverage its customer-relations expertise to provide enhanced support to mobile customers and customers in its new businesses. At the same time, the company will expand its social responsibility initiatives and other new countermeasures for enhanced safety and security based on experiences from the Great East Japan Earthquake and aim to become a company trusted by customers even in its new businesses.
NTT DOCOMO NTT DOCOMOis a world-leading mobile operator that is in transition into an Integrated Service Company placing mobile at the core. The company serves over 58 million customers in Japan via advanced wireless networks, including a nationwide 3G network and one of the world’s first commercial LTE networks. Leveraging its unique capabilities as a mobile operator, DOCOMO is a leading developer of cutting-edge technologies for NFC mobile payments, mobile GPS, mobile TV, intuitive mobile assistance, environmental monitoring, smart grids and much more. Overseas, the company provides technical and operational expertise to eight mobile operators and other partner companies. NTT DOCOMOis listed on the Tokyo (9437), London (NDCM) and New York (DCM) stock exchanges. Please visit www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english for more information.
- Special Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
- This document contains forward-looking statements, such as forecasts of results of operations, management strategies, objectives and plans, forecasts of operational data such as the expected number of subscriptions, and expected dividend payments. All forward-looking statements that are not historical facts are based on management’s current plans, expectations, assumptions and estimates based on the information currently available. Some of the projected numbers in this document were derived using certain assumptions that are indispensable for making such projections, in addition to historical facts. These forward-looking statements are subject to various known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause our actual results to differ materially from those contained in or suggested by any forward-looking statement.
Xi is a trademark or registered trademark of
Xi is only available to subscribers in Japan.