TOKYO, JAPAN, August 10, 2012 ---
The 97.109% figure comprises shares from the tender offer, both the first offer period from June 4 to July 6 and the subsequent offer period from July 19 to August 8, and shares purchased through the Italian stock market.
Since the total number of shares from the tender offer and purchases on the market exceeds 95% of the outstanding ordinary shares issued by Buongiorno, DOCOMO will undertake procedures to acquire all remaining outstanding ordinary shares and turn Buongiorno into a wholly owned subsidiary. Thereafter, Buongiorno’s shares will be delisted from Borsa Italiana S.p.A.
1. Results of stock acquisition
- (1) Total number of shares set to be acquired: 108,581,386 shares (97.109% of total outstanding ordinary shares)
- (2) Total value of shares set to be acquired: 217,162,624.81 Euro (Approx. 20.8 billion yen*)
2. Outline of stock acquisition
- (1) Target company: Buongiorno S.p.A. (Chairman: Mauro Del Rio; Head office: Milan; Stock listing: Borsa Italiana S.p.A.)
- (2) Type of share: Ordinary shares
- (3) Tender offer periods: June 4~July 6 and July 19~August 8, 2012
- (4) Acquisition price: 2 euros (191.74 yen*) per ordinary share
- (5) Other remarks: Some stock acquired through the Italian stock market in addition to the voluntary public tender offer
*exchange rate of 1 EUR to 95.87 JPY
NTT DOCOMO NTT DOCOMOis a world-leading integrated-services company centered on mobility. The company serves over 60 million mobile customers in Japan via advanced wireless networks, including a nationwide 3G network and one of the world’s first commercial LTE networks. Leveraging its unique capabilities as a mobile operator, DOCOMO is a leading developer of cutting-edge technologies for NFC mobile payments, mobile GPS, mobile TV, intuitive mobile assistance, environmental monitoring, smart grids and much more. Overseas, the company provides technical and operational expertise to eight mobile operators and other partner companies. NTT DOCOMOis listed on the Tokyo (9437), London (NDCM) and New York (DCM) stock exchanges. Please visit www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english for more information.