TOKYO, JAPAN, October 11, 2012 ---
Key features of the new lineup include the following:
- All smartphones, the tablet and the router compatible with DOCOMO’s Xi™ (“crossy”) LTE service for max. downlinks of 100 Mbps.
- Five smartphones and the tablet with enhanced quad-core CPUs for maximized enjoyment of mobile games and video, and five models with dual-core CPUs.
- All smartphones equipped for
Osaifu-Keitai™(mobile wallet) NFC services, including newly added smart applications (linkage with NFC chip-embedded posters, home electronics, etc.) in Japan, of which four, and the tablet, are compatible with NFC Type A & B standards, popular in many countries.
- Two smartphones that run on Android™ 4.1, the latest version of this OS, and all other smartphones and the tablet running on Android™ 4.0.
- Seven smartphones and the tablet compatible with the NOTTV V-high multimedia broadcasting service in Japan.
- Three collaboration models, created respectively with Disney, fashion brand Jill Stuart and the producer of the manga One Piece, all featuring special designs and exclusive content.
- Large-capacity batteries (2,000mAh or more) in five smartphones for the convenience of power-hungry heavy users.
DOCOMO’s stylish new high-quality feature phones come preinstalled with a Facebook app to make it extra-easy to share photos and posts.
The new models and their planned launches are listed in attachment sheet.
- About NTT DOCOMO
NTT DOCOMOis a world-leading integrated-services company centered on mobility. The company serves over 60 million mobile customers in Japan via advanced wireless networks, including a nationwide 3G network and one of the world’s first commercial LTE networks. Leveraging its unique capabilities as a mobile operator, DOCOMO is a leading developer of cutting-edge technologies for NFC mobile payments, mobile GPS, mobile TV, intuitive mobile assistance, environmental monitoring, smart grids and much more. Overseas, the company provides technical and operational expertise to eight mobile operators and other partner companies. NTT DOCOMOis listed on the Tokyo (9437), London (NDCM) and New York (DCM) stock exchanges. Please visit www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english for more information.
All devices are under development, and the specifications are subject to change.
Xi is only available to subscribers in Japan.
AQUOS PHONE is a trademark or registered trademark of Sharp Corporation.
MEDIAS is a trademark or registered trademark of NEC CASIO Mobile Communications, Ltd.
Xperia is a trademark or registered trademark of Sony Mobile Communications AB.
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
NOTTV is a trademark of mmbi, Inc.
Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.