May 15, 2013
DOCOMO and LINE to Collaborate in Voice Calls and Messaging for Smartphones
TOKYO, JAPAN, May 15, 2013 --- NTT DOCOMO, INC., a personalized mobile solutions provider for smarter living, and LINE Corporation, a free voice call and messaging application provider, announced today that they agreed to a business collaboration aimed at enhancing the convenience of voice and messaging applications for DOCOMO smartphones on May 14.
Expected results of the agreement include:
- An original LINE application, designed specifically for Raku-Raku SMART PHONE owners who are new to or unfamiliar with smartphones, that prevents accidental purchases of additional LINE products and games by limiting transaction amounts (to be launched by the end of 2013).
- An original LINE application running on the AndroidTM operating system featuring a new Call button that directly accesses DOCOMO's high-quality mobile voice network for extra-clear voice calls. XiTM LTE subscribers can use this button to call other DOCOMO users free anytime (to be launched by September 2013).
- Reduced traffic load on DOCOMO's network.
|Head office||Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan|
|Capital||949.6 billion yen (as of March 31, 2013)|
|Established||July 1, 1992|
|23,289 (as of March 31, 2012)|
|Head office||Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan|
|Capital||12.6 billion yen (approx.)|
|Established||September 4, 2000|
|Employees||644 (as of April 1, 2013)|
- Xi and FOMA are trademarks or registered trademarks of NTT DOCOMO, INC
- Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
About NTT DOCOMO
NTT DOCOMO provides innovative, convenient and secure mobile services that enable smarter living for each customer. The company serves over 61 million mobile customers in Japan via advanced wireless networks, including a nationwide 3G network and one of the world's first commercial LTE networks. Leveraging its unique capabilities as a mobile operator, DOCOMO is a leading developer of cutting-edge technologies for NFC mobile payments, mobile GPS, mobile TV, intuitive mobile assistance, environmental monitoring, smart grids and much more. Overseas, the company provides technical and operational expertise to eight mobile operators and other partner companies. NTT DOCOMO is listed on the Tokyo (9437), London (NDCM) and New York (DCM) stock exchanges. Please visit https://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/ for more information.
About LINE Corporation
LINE Corporation provides comprehensive Internet services and places the core of its business upon the LINE application which provides free calls and messages to over 150 million users worldwide. Additionally, the corporation has developed and operates its own search service, "NAVER", curation platform "NAVER Matome", the "livedoor" news site and Japan's most popular blogging service, "livedoor Blog". LINE Corporation is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, with Akira Morikawa as CEO. Please visit (Page will open in a new window.)http://www.linecorp.com for more information.