May 14, 2014
NTT DOCOMO Unveils 12 New Mobile Devices in Summer Lineup
TOKYO, JAPAN, May 14, 2014 --- NTT DOCOMO, INC., a personalized mobile solutions provider for smarter living, unveiled today its 2014 summer lineup of mobile devices — six smartphones, two tablets, two feature phones, one Raku-Raku ("easy-easy") phone and one USB data terminal — which will launch in Japan on or after May 15. The lineup features a diverse range of smartphones and other devices incorporating advanced mobile technologies, including Japan's first Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) service, H.265/HEVC high-efficiency video coding, 4K resolution and more.
Some of the special features in the 2014 summer lineup are as follows:
- Four smartphones and two tablets compatible with DOCOMO's new service incorporating VoLTE technology, which enables Area MailTM early-warning disaster notifications during VoLTE voice/video calls and high-speed packet communication during VoLTE voice calls.
- Five smartphones, two tablets and the Raku-Raku phone compatible with the H.265/HEVC next-generation video coding standard for downloading high-quality video content with high efficiency, approximately double the data compression ratio of the existing standard.
- Six smartphones and the Raku-Raku phone equipped with an energy-saving feature that minimizes phone functions to maintain battery power for nearly 72 hours, even when the battery level is as low as 15 percent.
- Three smartphones equipped for 4K-resolution video recording and playback.
- Five smartphones, two tablets and the Raku-Raku phone preinstalled with the latest AndroidTM OS 4.4.
- A collaboration smartphone, the Disney Mobile on docomo SH-05F, featuring exclusive designs and content created with The Walt Disney Company (Japan) Ltd.
DOCOMO also announced its new "docomo select" brand covering more than 300 accessories and peripherals for DOCOMO smartphones, tablets and feature phones. Three notable items in the new docomo select lineup are wearable devices — the "move bandTM 2," the SAMSUNG Gear Fit and SAMSUNG Gear 2. The "move band 2" wristband-type health-monitoring device from docomo Healthcare, Inc. enables easy recording and tracking of health data, such as walking steps, calorie consumption and sleep hours, weighs just 17 grams and has a seven-day battery life. The SAMSUNG Gear Fit and SAMSUNG Gear 2 are both smart-watches for handy voice calls and emailing when synchronized with Samsung smartphones. The lineup also includes the TV BOX, a Wi-Fi® TV tuner that connects to smartphones or tablets to view Full/One-seg terrestrial digital broadcasting or NOTTV®, a V-high multimedia broadcasting service offered in Japan.
Launch dates and detailed specifications for all models are listed in the attachment.
(Open a PDF file)(Attachment) Selected Features and Specifications (PDF format: 75KB)
docomo Raku-Raku Phone
docomo Feature Phone
- All devices are under development and their specifications are subject to change.
- Area Mail is a trademark of NTT DOCOMO, INC.
- Area Mail is only available to subscribers in Japan.
- Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
- move band is a trademark of docomo Healthcare, Inc.
- Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- NOTTV is a registered trademark of mmbi, Inc.
- NOTTV is only available to subscribers in Japan.
- All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About NTT DOCOMO
NTT DOCOMO provides innovative, convenient and secure mobile services that enable smarter living for each customer. The company serves over 63 million mobile customers in Japan via advanced wireless networks, including a nationwide 3G network and one of the world's first commercial LTE networks. Leveraging its unique capabilities as a mobile operator, DOCOMO is a leading developer of cutting-edge technologies for NFC mobile payments, mobile GPS, mobile TV, intuitive mobile assistance, environmental monitoring, smart grids and much more. Overseas, the company provides technical and operational expertise to eight mobile operators and other partner companies. NTT DOCOMO is listed on the Tokyo (9437) and New York (DCM) stock exchanges. Please visit https://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/ for more information.
In order to view PDF files, you must have the Page will open in a new window.Adobe® Reader® plug-in offered free of charge from Adobe Systems, Inc. When viewing the PDF files with Adobe® Acrobat®, use version 10 or later.