March 27, 2015
Notice Concerning Outcome and Conclusion of Share Repurchase
(Share Repurchase under the provisions of Articles of Incorporation pursuant to Article 165 (2) of the Companies Act)
TOKYO, JAPAN, March 27, 2015 --- NTT DOCOMO, INC. announced that the status of the company's repurchase of its own shares conducted based on Article 156 (1) of the Companies Act, as applied pursuant to Article 165 (3) of the same Act, and in accordance with the company's Articles of Incorporation, as detailed below.
This concludes the company's repurchase of its own shares based on the resolution adopted by the Board of Directors on April 25, 2014.
- Class of shares: Common stock
- Aggregate number of shares repurchased: 18,650,000 shares
- Aggregate price of shares repurchased: 41,049,368,950 yen
- Period for share repurchase: From March 1 to 27, 2015
- Method of repurchase: Purchase on the Tokyo Stock Exchange
Details of the resolution adopted by the Board of Directors on April 25, 2014
- Class of shares to be repurchased: Common stock
- Aggregate number of shares to be repurchased: Up to 320,000,000 shares
(equal to 7.72% of the total number of issued shares (excluding treasury shares) as of April 25, 2014)
- Aggregate price of shares to be repurchased: Up to 500,000,000,000 yen
- Period for share repurchase: From April 26, 2014 to March 31, 2015
Total number and aggregate price of shares repurchased as of March 27, 2015 based on the resolution adopted by the Board of Directors on April 25, 2014
- Aggregate number of shares repurchased: 265,276,121 shares
- Aggregate price of shares repurchased: 473,035,704,753 yen
About NTT DOCOMO
NTT DOCOMO provides innovative, convenient and secure mobile services that enable smarter living for each customer. The company serves over 65 million mobile customers in Japan via advanced wireless networks, including a nationwide LTE network and one of the world's most progressive LTE-Advanced networks. DOCOMO is a leading developer of a 5G network that it plans to deploy by 2020, as well as network function virtualization (NFV), NFC infrastructure and services, emerging IoT solutions, and more. Outside Japan, the company is providing technical and operational expertise to seven mobile operators and other partner companies, and is contributing to the global standardization of all-new mobile technologies. DOCOMO is listed on stock exchanges in Tokyo (9437) and New York (DCM). Please visit https://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/.