May 13, 2015
DOCOMO Launches 10 New Mobile Devices for 2015 Summer Lineup
TOKYO, JAPAN, May 13, 2015 --- NTT DOCOMO, INC. unveiled today its 2015 summer lineup of mobile devices—six smartphones, two tablets and two feature phones—which will launch in Japan from later this month.
DOCOMO's summer models also include two new smartphones—Galaxy S6 edge SC-04G and Galaxy S6 SC-05G—previously launched on April 23.
The new smartphones are equipped with cutting-edge biometric authentication technology, including the world's first iris recognition feature1. Also, the devices incorporate advanced mobile technologies, featuring PREMIUM 4GTM, DOCOMO's LTE-Advanced next-generation mobile communication service, enhanced international LTE roaming capability, and much more.
Some of the many notable features of DOCOMO's new lineup are as follows:
- Five smartphones and two tablets are compatible with DOCOMO's ultra-high speed PREMIUM 4G LTE-Advanced, which features a maximum 225Mbps2 downlink. Of these, four smartphones and one tablet are also compatible with ultra-fast downloads that combine LTE-Advanced and Wi-Fi®.
- One smartphone is equipped with the world's first biometric authentication using iris recognition and three smartphones are compatible with secure fingerprint authentication. In addition to simply unlocking devices, these authentication features will be compatible with a new online authentication standard, FIDO UAF 1.0, which will simplify access to DOCOMO's wide range of online services beginning later this month.
- All the smartphones and tablets in the lineup are preinstalled with the Google AndroidTM OS 5.0.
- Seven smartphones and two tablets have 700MHz compatibility for wider LTE roaming in areas such as North America. Three of these smartphones are capable of TD-LTE roaming in places such as China.
- Two new models of the docomo Feature Phone series run on the Google Android mobile platform, featuring more than 900-hour battery life, web browsing and access to the mobile messenger app LINE.
- All smartphones and tablets are capable of receiving up-to-date mobile app recommendations from DOCOMO tailored to the user's gender, age and other attributes.
- All the smartphones and tablets feature enhanced built-in inner cameras with much higher resolutions, wider-angle lenses and new functions for selfies and other diverse photo needs.
The 2015 summer lineup also includes one new color variant for the Raku-Raku Smartphone3 F-06F, which will be compatible (through software upgrades) with VoLTE for stable, high-quality voice and video calls.
Launch dates and detailed specifications for all models are listed in the attachment.
(Open a PDF file)(Attachment) Selected Features and Specifications (PDF format: 223KB)
docomo Feature Phone
- 1 Based on Fujitsu Limited's research regarding smartphones as of March 31, 2015.
- 2 Maximum downlink speed of 225Mbps is only available in selected areas. Downlink speeds are theoretical maximums and services are provided on a best-effort basis. Speeds may vary depending on network traffic or transmission environments.
- All devices are under development, and the specifications are subject to change.
- PREMIUM 4G is a trademark of NTT DOCOMO, INC.
- Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- Android is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
- All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About NTT DOCOMO
NTT DOCOMO provides innovative, convenient and secure mobile services that enable smarter living for each customer. The company serves over 65 million mobile customers in Japan via advanced wireless networks, including a nationwide LTE network and one of the world's most progressive LTE-Advanced networks. DOCOMO is a leading developer of a 5G network that it plans to deploy by 2020, as well as network function virtualization (NFV), NFC infrastructure and services, emerging IoT solutions, and more. Outside Japan, the company is providing technical and operational expertise to seven mobile operators and other partner companies, and is contributing to the global standardization of all-new mobile technologies. DOCOMO is listed on stock exchanges in Tokyo (9437) and New York (DCM). Please visit https://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/.
In order to view PDF files, you must have the Page will open in a new window.Adobe® Reader® plug-in offered free of charge from Adobe Systems, Inc. When viewing the PDF files with Adobe® Acrobat®, use version 10 or later.