May 17, 2016
Notice of Stock Repurchase through Off-Auction Own Share Repurchase Trading System (ToSTNeT-3)
TOKYO, JAPAN, May 17, 2016 --- NTT DOCOMO, INC. has today decided to implement the repurchase of shares of its common stock, which was authorized by a resolution passed at a meeting of its board of directors held on April 28, 2016, pursuant to Article 156 of the Companies Act of Japan, as applied pursuant to Paragraph 3, Article 165 of the Companies Act. Details of the method of repurchase are as follows:
1. Method of Repurchase
The Company will place purchase orders for its shares through brokerages on the Tokyo Stock Exchange Trading Network Off-Auction Own Share Repurchase Trading System (ToSTNeT-3) for the 8:45 a.m. session on May 18, 2016 (no changes to the trading system or trading time will be made), at a price equal to the closing price of the Company's common stock on the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange on May 17, 2016 (2,708.50 yen).
2. Details of Repurchase
- Class of shares: Common stock
- Aggregate number of shares to be repurchased: Up to 10,000,000 shares
(equal to 0.25% of total issued shares excluding treasury shares)
- (Note 1) The maximum number of shares to be repurchased will not change. Depending on market conditions, however, there is a possibility that the Company will not make any purchase or will only make a partial purchase.
- (Note 2) The purchase will be conducted by matching sell orders equivalent to buy orders according to the allocation method prescribed by the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
3. Announcement of Repurchase
The Company will announce the results of its stock repurchase after completion of the repurchase at 8:45 a.m. on May 18, 2016.
Details of the resolution approved at the board of directors' meeting held on January 29, 2016.
- Class of shares to be repurchased: Common stock
- Total number of shares to be repurchased: Up to 220,000,000 shares
(equal to 5.67% of total issued shares excluding treasury shares)
- Aggregate repurchase amount: Up to 500,000,000,000 yen
- Repurchase status as of April 28, 2016:
- i. Total number of shares repurchased: 120,867,062 shares
- ii. Aggregate repurchased amount: 307,485,805,728 yen
About NTT DOCOMO
NTT DOCOMO provides innovative, convenient and secure mobile services that enable smarter living for each customer. The company serves over 70 million mobile customers in Japan via advanced wireless networks, including a nationwide LTE network and one of the world's most progressive LTE-Advanced networks. DOCOMO is a leading developer of a 5G network that it plans to deploy by 2020, as well as network function virtualization (NFV), NFC infrastructure and services, emerging IoT solutions, and more. Outside Japan, the company is providing technical and operational expertise to seven mobile operators and other partner companies, and is contributing to the global standardization of all-new mobile technologies. DOCOMO is listed on stock exchanges in Tokyo (9437) and New York (DCM). Please visit https://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/.