November 4, 2016
Announcement of the Status of Share Repurchase
(Share Repurchase under the provisions of Articles of Incorporation pursuant to Article 165 (2) of the Companies Act)
TOKYO, JAPAN, November 4, 2016 --- NTT DOCOMO, INC. announces the status of the Company's repurchase of its own shares conducted based on Article 156 (1) of the Companies Act as applied pursuant to Article 165 (3) of the Companies Act, and in accordance with the Company's Articles of Incorporation, as detailed below.
- Class of shares: Common stock
- Aggregate number of shares repurchased: 2,006,600 shares
- Aggregate price of shares repurchased: 5,113,488,850 yen
- Period for share repurchase: From October 1, 2016 to October 31, 2016
- Method of repurchase: Purchase on the Tokyo Stock Exchange
Details of the resolution approved at the board of directors' meeting held on January 29, 2016.
- Class of shares to be repurchased: Common stock
- Aggregate number of shares to be repurchased: Up to 220,000,000 shares
(equal to 5.67% of total issued shares excluding treasury shares)
- Aggregate price of shares to be repurchased: Up to 500,000,000,000 yen
- Period for share repurchase: From February 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016
Aggregate number and aggregate price of shares repurchased as of October 31, 2016 based on the resolution adopted by the Board of Directors on January 29, 2016:
- i. Aggregate number of shares repurchased: 163,234,662 shares
- ii. Aggregate price of shares repurchased: 421,780,517,828 yen
About NTT DOCOMO
NTT DOCOMO provides innovative, convenient and secure mobile services that enable smarter living for each customer. The company serves over 71 million mobile customers in Japan via advanced wireless networks, including a nationwide LTE network and one of the world's most progressive LTE-Advanced networks. DOCOMO is a leading developer of a 5G network that it plans to deploy by 2020, as well as network function virtualization (NFV), NFC infrastructure and services, emerging IoT solutions, and more. Outside Japan, the company is providing technical and operational expertise to seven mobile operators and other partner companies, and is contributing to the global standardization of all-new mobile technologies. DOCOMO is listed on stock exchanges in Tokyo (9437) and New York (DCM). Please visit https://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/.