- The maximum data receiving rate of 844 Mbps and the maximum data sending rate of75 Mbps are available for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd generation) and 11-inch iPad Pro, and are limited to certain areas. For details, please see Service Area.
- The maximum PREMIUM 4G data receiving rate for the 10.5-inch iPad Pro and 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation) is 375 Mbps (150 Mbps for the iPad Pro [1st generation)]) and the maximum data sending rate is 50 Mbps.
- The maximum PREMIUM 4G data receiving rate for the iPad (6th generation) is 262.5 Mbps and the maximum data sending rate is 50 Mbps.
- The maximum PREMIUM 4G data receiving rate for the iPad (7th generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) and iPad mini (5th generation) is 500 Mbps and the maximum data sending rate is 75 Mbps.
- Transmission speeds are theoretical maximums and do not indicate actual rates. Services provided on a best-effort basis. Speeds may vary depending on network traffic or transmission environments.
The effective speeds for receiving are 122 to 220 Mbps.
- Effective speeds refer to the speeds within the range determined by the half of all receiving speeds measured in 10 cities in Japan based on the "Guidelines for the Effective Speed... (abbreviated name)" * drawn up by Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications that is nearest to the median value.
- Guidelines for the Effective Speed Measurement Method of Internet Connection Services Provided by Mobile Telecommunications Carriers and Information Providing Method, etc. for Users
- These are the results of measurement using an iOS compatible model.
- These measurement results are for 10 cities in Japan, so the effective speeds may differ depending on your location, timing, and communications environment of use.
- For the specific numerical values, etc., see Effective Speed Measurement Results (in Japanese only).
Check the Service Area
Information on the nationwide service area for iPad.
Check the subway stations and sections between stations where you can use your iPad.
(in Japanese only)
Search for docomo Wi-Fi service area information in Japan and overseas.
(in Japanese only)
Search for service areas and communications charges for use overseas (international roaming).
- Information on the international service areas will be updated over time.
Access the Internet from an external device (PC or game console, etc.) even when you are on the go.
There are no additional charges for the service.
- Packet communications charges may become high when you are using tethering. We therefore recommend using packet flat-rate services.
Tethering (in Japanese only)
- Apple, the Apple Logo, Apple Watch, iPad, iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The iPhone trademark is used under license from AiPhone Co., Ltd. App Store, AppleCare, iCloud are service marks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. TM and © 2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
- PREMIUM 4G and the logo are registered trademarks of NTT DOCOMO, INC.