Switching From Another Carrier (MNP)
View instructions on procedure for a new application to switch from another carrier to DOCOMO with Mobile/PHS Number Portability (MNP).
Procedures When Switching from Another Carrier to DOCOMO with MNP
Apply to your current carrier for MNP. You will receive a MNP reservation number. Applications for MNP can be made by contacting the carriers as noted below.
Operation procedures are in Japanese.
|By phone||By carrier website (mobile phone version)|
(9 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
Keitai (9 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
Smartphone/PC (9 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
|*5533 from a SoftBank mobile phone or
from landline phones etc.
(9 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
Keitai (9 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.)
Smartphone/PC (9 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.)
|Y!mobile||116 or 0120-921-156 from landline phones etc. (9 a.m. to 8 p.m.)||My Y!mobile (9 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.)
(As of May 30, 2019)
- Phone numbers may change. Please inquire with the individual mobile phone carrier for details.
Bring your MNP reservation number to a DOCOMO dealer and apply for a new subscription using MNP.
- Due to circumstances with the system that links the different companies involved, applications are generally only accepted between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. Please inquire with your local shop for more details.
- You cannot make MNP procedures if you use services such as mobile satellite phone or data-communications-only services.
- The MNP reservation number you received when you applied for MNP.
- Documents verifying identity showing the subscriber's name, date of birth, and current address or residence*1*2*3
- If the subscriber and user are different people, DOCOMO asks the subscriber to register user information (full name and date of birth) to ensure safe and secure Internet use. When registering user information, you are required to present a document verifying the full name and date of birth of the user.
- A bank cash card, bankbook, or credit card in the subscriber's name (individual subscriptions only)
Minors who do not have a cash card or similar in their own name should be accompanied by their legal parent or guardian, who will present a cash card or similar in their own name.
- Items required to pay your monthly bill (monthly usage charges [including monthly installments] will be paid via automatic account transfer from the account of the subscriber [a legal representative or family member of the subscriber] at a financial institution or by credit card.)
[Automatic account transfer]
Your seal/signature used for the account at the financial institution, and your bankbook*4 or cash card*4
Your credit card*5 (Some credit cards cannot be used.)
- Please bring originals. Copies will not be accepted.
- For payment by installment, there may be additional application conditions depending on the documents verifying identity presented.
- For an application made by a legal representative, a document verifying the identity of the subscriber (only a document that bears the applicant's photo), letter of consent, document verifying the identity of the legal representative, and document proving that the person applying is the legal representative are required. For an application made by a family member of the subscriber, a document verifying the identity of the subscriber (only a document that bears the applicant's photo), letter of attorney, document verifying the identity of the family member of the subscriber, and document proving that the person applying is a family member of the subscriber (copy of his/her family register, Certificate of Residence (Juminhyo) without Individual Number (social security and tax number) printed on it, etc.) are required. Furthermore, if the document verifying the identity of the legal representative or family member of the subscriber is a National Health Insurance Card, any one of the following is required: utility receipt, student ID, or Certificate of Residence (Juminhyo) without Individual Number (social security and tax number) printed on it.
- For payment by automatic account transfer, one or two bills may be sent before setup procedures are completed with your financial institution. In this case, please pay the bill at a convenience store that handles NTT FINANCE charges payment, financial institution, or DOCOMO service counter.
At some docomo Shops and other locations operated directly by DOCOMO, you will be able to register using just your cash card (except for certain financial institutions). When using cash card, the holder of the cash card must be present and the account PIN will need to be entered.
- To use a credit card, the credit card owner must come to the shop. Once application procedures are complete, you will be billed by your credit card company.
MNP itself is free
- A subscription handling fee of ¥3,000 will be included on your bill the following month.
- Charges will apply for the purchase of new mobile phones, etc.
- Unless otherwise specified, all indicated amounts exclude tax.
- Apple, the Apple Logo, Apple Watch, iPad, iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The iPhone trademark is used under license from AiPhone Co., Ltd. App Store, AppleCare, iCloud are service marks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. TM and © 2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.