Offering a Replacement Phone
This service covers you against various kinds of trouble including water exposure, damage and loss, and can be used up to twice a year.
If you experience issues with your device, the Mobile Device Protection Service entitles you to a replacement phone (refurbished product) within two days from when the application was made.
Shop Replacement service which you can get a replacement phone on the day you visit the shop if you find the shop that has your model in stock is also available.
Water exposure, damage beyond repair, loss, theft, breakage, and malfunction
Flow for Using the Services
You can select the method to receive your replacement phone from either Replacement Phone Delivery or Shop Replacement.
Delivery of a replacement phone
A replacement phone will be delivered within two days from when the application was made whether it be your home or office.
- If you apply for delivery via My docomo, you will get a 10% discount on the subscriber's expenses.
- Only from a DOCOMO mobile phone or docomo Smartphone.
- The toll-free number may not be accessible from some IP phones.
- Delivery of a replacement phone within two days from when the application was made may not be possible for some areas such as remote islands or because of factors such as the application timing and delivery conditions.
- Please apply for compensation within 30 days of the trouble occurring. In case of theft or loss, please apply after suspending service and notifying the police. (DOCOMO may confirm information such as the notification receipt number issued by the police, person who accepted the notification, name of the police station where the notification was accepted, and the date and time.)
Please contact the Mobile Device Protection Service Center within 10 days including the compensation application reception date specified in "Replacement Phone Delivery Information". Be sure to check notes about return in "Service Guidelines", which is supplied with the replacement phone.
If you would like to transfer data from your old phone, please do so yourself before sending it.
If you apply for delivery of a replacement phone via Web (My docomo), you will get a 10% discount on the subscriber's expenses.
A replacement phone will be delivered within four hours*4 after the completion of the service application to Tokyo's 23 wards and Osaka-shi, Osaka.
You can use express delivery if you apply for compensation between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. This option costs you an additional shipping fee of ¥3,300 (incl. tax).
If a replacement phone is not delivered a certain period to you because you were not at home when it was delivered or the address was incorrect, the application for compensation will be canceled.
- Delivery of a replacement phone might be delayed due to bad weather or delivery conditions. Reception time might be shorten or acceptance of applications would be suspended during terms expecting traffic jams such as Obon festival and New Year's holidays.
If a specified shop has your model in stock, you can get a replacement phone on the day you visit the shop.
The defective phone will be exchanged for a replacement phone.
If the data in the defective phone needs to be transferred, transfer the data yourself before visiting the shop.
Water exposure, damage beyond repair, breakage and malfunction (not applicable to loss or theft).
Some AndroidTM H Series or later models
- The available models differ depending on the shop.
¥22,000 (incl. tax) is charged for each replacement in addition to the subscriber's usual monthly expenses.
Maximum Number of Uses (Compensations) and Expenses
You can use the service up to twice a year regardless of whether you select Replacement Phone Delivery or Shop Replacement.
- The number of compensation times is not reset even if you cancel the service and then subscribe again.
- The initial date of use and the number of compensation times are not reset even if you change the phone applicable for protection.
The subscriber's expenses vary depending on the Mobile Device Protection Service, your model, and number of times the service was used.
- If you are not able to send your old phone to DOCOMO, you will be required to pay a penalty for breach of contract.
Customers with Mobile Device Protection Service subscription
Customers with Mobile Device Protection Service subscription Monthly charge Subscriber's Expenses Penalty charge First time Second time ¥363 ¥5,500 ¥44,000 ¥550 ¥8,250 ¥66,000 ¥825 ¥12,100 ¥88,000 ¥1,100 ¥132,000
Customers with Mobile Device Protection Service (Applied through May 31, 2019) subscription
Customers with Mobile Device Protection Service (Applied through May 31, 2019) subscription Monthly charge Subscriber's Expenses Penalty charge First time Second time ¥363 ¥5,500 ¥44,000 ¥418 ¥5,500 ¥8,800 ¥66,000 ¥550 ¥8,250
Customers with Mobile Device Protection Service for iPhone & iPad (Applied through May 31, 2019) subscription
Customers with Mobile Device Protection Service for iPhone & iPad (Applied through May 31, 2019) subscription Monthly charge Subscriber's Expenses Penalty charge First time Second time ¥550 ¥8,250 ¥88,000 ¥660 ¥825 ¥12,100
Customers with Mobile Device Protection & Delivery Service (Applied through May 31, 2019) subscription
Customers with Mobile Device Protection & Delivery Service (Applied through May 31, 2019) subscription Monthly charge Subscriber's Expenses Penalty charge First time Second time ¥308 ¥5,500 ¥8,800 ¥44,000 ¥330 ¥5,500 ¥418 ¥5,500 ¥8,800
Refurbished Products Item Refurbished products Refurbished products (B Products) Overview Refurbished products are phones collected from customers that have been repaired, had their covers replaced, and undergone quality checks, and then reset to the same state as a new product. These are recovered phones that have been collected from customers. Based on docomo standards, the phones have been cleaned, the data removed, and the software initialized without changing the outer cover.
- Some devices may have visible blemishes due to use that do not affect the function of the device.
Exterior Exchange Don't exchange Initialization Implement Don't implement Your fees From ¥5,500 (incl. tax) to ¥12,100 (incl. tax)* ¥4,400 (incl. tax) Applicable models docomo Feature Phone, AndroidTM, iPhone, iPad AndroidTM H Series and later
Refurbished products (B Products)
- The actual color, shape, etc. of the phone may differ.
- Refurbished products (B Products) are limited in quantity. You may be unable to select this option if we have run out of stock.
- You will be guided when you apply for Mobile Device Protection Service about our Refurbished Products (B Products) on docomo Online or, Mobile Phone Protection Service Center, where stock information can be verified.
- Due to the nature of Refurbished Products (B Products), we cannot replace phones or cancel your protection service due to blemishes on replacement phones.
- Another Refurbished Product (B Product) will be sent when resending a phone to replace a malfunctioning replacement phone.
- The other content of the protection service*5 will be the same as a refurbished product.
- Please note that use of the phone may be restricted by methods such as locking the device in cases that fall under the term of service such as application for compensation due to loss or theft. Furthermore, DOCOMO shall bear no responsibility for damages etc. incurred by the subscriber or third parties from such restriction of use.
- The old phone you send to DOCOMO will usually be refurbished and used as a replacement phone with the service.
- If you are not able to send your old phone to DOCOMO, you will be required to pay a penalty for breach of contract. If your old phone was lost or stolen, please send your phone to the location designated by DOCOMO should it be found.
- Please delete all data stored on your old phone that can be deleted before sending it to DOCOMO. (Data includes phonebook, sent and received mail, photos, and other personal data, data related to e-money and points in the IC card [if you use "Osaifu-Keitai" compatible services], data for individual services, and other data.)
Subscribed services after receiving compensation
If your device is replaced with a device that is under a different protection service, your protection service and monthly charge may change after receiving compensation.
If you have already received compensation once, another replacement of even the same model may result in a change to your protection service and monthly charge as the compensation procedure is reset.
You can check the service you are currently subscribing in Subscription details/procedure in My docomo.
[Example: When the protection service is changed from Mobile Device Protection & Delivery Service of ¥330 (incl. tax) to Mobile Device Protection Service of ¥550 (incl. tax).]
- All indicated amounts include tax.
Automatic d ACCOUNT setting (only for Android compatible handsets sold in or after May 2018)
- The d ACCOUNT linked to the applied line subscription is automatically set to the replacement phone for the first 14 days from the protection service start date.
- If the replacement phone is lost before the automatic setting, use Omakase Lock or stop using the phone immediately.
- If you transfer the replacement phone to any third party, be sure to initialize the phone after the automatic d ACCOUNT setting as the assignee may be able to see your information.
- Apple, the Apple Logo, AirPlay, AirPods, Apple Music, Apple Pay, Apple Pencil, Apple TV, Apple Watch, Face ID, FaceTime, iBooks, iPad, iPhone, iTunes, Lightning, Magic Keyboard, MagSafe, Siri, Touch ID, TrueDepth, True Tone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The iPhone trademark is used under license from AiPhone Co., Ltd. App Store, Apple Arcade, AppleCare, iCloud are service marks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. TM and © 2021 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
- Android is a trademark of Google LLC.