Use data transaction overseas
Packet Pack Kaigai Option
Application requiredApply online/by phoneNo monthly charge
iPhone iPad Smartphone Tablet docomo Feature Phone (sp-mode)
*Customers using docomo Feature Phone (i-mode) cannot use this service.
Packet Pack Kaigai Option is a Service that allows you to use the data from your data plans subscribed in Japan, even when your travelling abroad.
- No worries
- No charges until activation!
Data communications stop automatically after the usage time has ended.
- Save money
Max. ¥1,580 discount (limited area)
- When comparing the 7 days Plan with the usage of 24 hours Plan for 7 days.
- All you need is your smartphone!
Share your data, connection by tethering to your tablet etc, too!
countries & regions
|24 hours Plan||¥980||204|
|1 hour Plan||¥200||62|
|3 days Plan||¥2,480|
|5 days Plan||¥3,980|
|7 days Plan||¥5,280|
• No charges will apply until activated outside of Japan. After activation, communications will stop when usage time has elapsed and there will be no additional charges until re-activation. • Packet communications while using 1 hour Plan,5 days Plan,or 7 days Plan is supported will stop when you travel to countries and regions where 24 hours Plan is supported (countdown for usage time will continue to elapse without stopping).When using 24 hours Plan activation is required,and the flat-rate charge will newly applied.
How to use
- Before using this service, make sure to update the software and start using when software is updated to its latest version. Please check user's manual for operation instructions of each model.
- DOCOMO Overseas Usage application is in Japanese only.
[Requirements] Subscriptions to WORLD WING, sp-mode Internet connection service1, provided by sp-mode,mopera U,or Business mopera internet,and either a domestic Gigaho, Gigalight, Keitai Plan, Data Plus, Packet Pack, packet flat-rate service, Xi data communications dedicated plan, or FOMA flat-rate data plan are required2.
1. You cannot apply for Packet Pack Kaigai Option if you are subscribed to i-mode at the same time. Internet connection service required subscription to either sp-mode, mopera U (Simple plan, U Standard plan, U Light plan), or Business mopera Internet (URL Restricted Type). 4. Pake-hodai, Pake-hodai full, Biz-hodai, and Flat-Rate Data Plan 128K are not applicable.
[Applicable communications] All data communications used in Packet Pack Kaigai Option supported countries and regions
Not applicable: Voice calls, Videophone calls, SMS, WORLD WING Wi-Fi, etc.
Packet Pack Kaigai Option uses data volume of the data plans you are subscribed to in Japan. If the data volume of the data plans subscribed to in Japan is exceeded,the data communications speed will be reduced to a maximum of 128 kbps for both sending and receiving until the end of the current month.
However, if you perform the same procedure as in Japan (Additional 1 GB Option, etc.), using at normal speed is possible. Customers who have applied for Packet Pack Kaigai Option cannot use Kaigai Pake-hodai and Kaigai 1day Pake.
• After activation, flat-rate charge will be incurred even in the case you do not use data communications. • When using in countries and regions where Packet Pack Kaigai Option is not supported, Packet Pack Kaigai Option will not apply to data communications used there and charges may become high. In addition, data communications will not stop automatically after start of use. • When Packet Pack Kaigai Option and Kaigai Pake-hodai is used within the use time of Packet Pack Kaigai Option each plan, both the flat-rate charge of Packet Pack Kaigai Option and data communications charges of Kaigai Pake-hodai will be incurred.
No application required
iPhone iPad Smartphone Tablet docomo Feature Phone (sp-mode) docomo Feature Phone (i-mode)
Recommended for those who want to use with no data limit.
Also recommended for tethering.
Subscriptions to a domestic Gigaho, Gigalight, Keitai Plan, Data Plus, packet flat-rate service, Xi data communications dedicated plan, FOMA flat-rate data plan, or Packet Pack, and WORLD WING are required.
The daily charge starts to incur when the data roaming setting is turned ON.
"Daily charge" is defined as 0:00 to 23:59 (Japan time) wherever you are.
The charge will continue unless the data roaming setting is turned OFF.
[Main countries and regions]
205 countries and regions around the world
All packet communications used in Kaigai Pake-hodai supported countries and regions and all WORLD WING Wi-Fi communications using WORLD WING Wi-Fi supported carriers. Voice calls, Videophone calls, SMS, public Wi-Fi, etc. are not applicable.
Kaigai Pake-hodai will not be available if you are subscribed to Packet Pack Kaigai Option or Kaigai 1day Pake.
Kaigai 1day Pake
This is a 1-day (24-hour) overseas flat-rate service that you can use data up to 30MB.
- As of March 14th, 2018, signing up for new application has closed.
Packet communication in countries/regions not eligible for flat rate service
When performing packet communications in locations not eligible for the packet flat rate service, charges will apply according to usage.
Note that when using packet communications in countries/regions not eligible for the flat rate service, an "overseas packet suspension service"* is provided, which suspends packet communication once the packet communication charges exceed ¥5,000.
- Application required.
Customers who wish to use the data communications described above should either call the number below or visit a docomo Shop or docomo world counter located nationwide.
0120-005-250 (toll free)
Service is available in English, Portuguese, Chinese, and Spanish.
9 a.m. to 8 p.m. (open all year round)
- May not be accessible from some IP phones.
[Packet Pack Kaigai Option]
- After activation, flat-rate charge will be incurred even in the case you do not use packet communications during the usage time.
- When using in countries and regions where Packet Pack Kaigai Option is not supported, Packet Pack Kaigai Option will not apply to data communications used there and charges may become high. In addition, data communications will not stop even after usage time have elapsed after activation.
- When you cancel the subscription to Packet Pack Kaigai Option and use Kaigai Pake-hodai within the use time of Packet Pack Kaigai Option, both the flat-rate charge of Packet Pack Kaigai Option and data communications charges of Kaigai Pake-hodai will be incurred.
- Subscription to an Internet connection service, such as sp-mode or i-mode is required.
- To use data communications with a smartphone at your destination, you need to turn the data roaming setting ON. Change the setting back to OFF after returning to Japan.
- If, for example, you are located near a border (including when using In-flight Roaming Service, Maritime Roaming Service, etc.), a connection may be established to a carrier in the bordering country or region. If the carrier of the connection destination is not in a Kaigai Pake-hodai supported country or region, charges may become high because the data communications you use will not be applicable to Kaigai Pake-hodai.
- For i-mode communications, data communications charges for up to 200,000 packets are ¥50 for the first 50 packets (charged per connection) and ¥0.2 per packet after 50 packets. For i-mode communications after 200,000 packets and smartphone, docomo Feature Phone (sp-mode), and data communications (PC connection, etc.), the packet communications charge is ¥0.2 per packet.
[About Packet Pack Kaigai Option and Kaigai Pake-hodai]
- When you use a smartphone, docomo Feature Phone (sp-mode), or other devices overseas, large amounts of data may be exchanged when the versions of software are updated, applications are used, and functions automatically perform communications in the background.
- Communications allowances included in billing plans, etc. cannot be applied to the Packet Pack Kaigai Option flat-rate charge or Kaigai Pake-hodai communications charges. For overseas use, you need to apply for WORLD WING and have a WORLD WING supported model.
- WORLD WING voice/data communications charges are not subject to the various discount services for domestic communications within Japan.