Sending Text Messages (International SMS)
International SMS (Short Message Service)
- Application: Not required
You can send text messages from a DOCOMO mobile phone to a local mobile phone.
How to Send
Send a text message to a local mobile phone
[+] [Recipient's Country Code] [Recipient's Phone Number] [Enter Text] ⇒ Send
(Example) UK mobile phone: 07XXX XXX XXX
- If the recipient's mobile phone number begins with 0, omit this and dial the following phone number (excludes certain countries and regions).
How to key a [+]: Hold  for over a second.
- The method for keying a [+] varies by model. Please check your instruction manual, etc., for details.
- With regard to SMS delivery notifications, in the case of certain mobile carriers, such as where the sender's carrier is in the United States, China, South Korea, or the Philippines, these will be sent at the time when the message arrives at the message center used by the sender's carrier (no fee will be charged).
Countries, regions, and overseas communications carriers that are able to send and receive
- An island in the Australian Federal Territory in the Indian Ocean.
- Due to Number Portability, there may be cases where International SMS messages cannot be sent and received with certain overseas carriers.
- There may be cases where International SMS is available outside of the regions and carriers listed above. Fees will apply if you use SMS in such cases.
- SMS may be unavailable in cases such as where the recipient is currently roaming outside of the regions and carriers listed above.
- For International SMS messages sent from a user of an overseas carrier, in cases where the size of the message exceeds 70 full-width characters or 160 single-byte characters, on certain models this may be received in the form of multiple split SMS messages, and when this occurs, such messages may not be received correctly.
|Basic Monthly Fee||None|
|Payment||The fees will be invoiced together with the invoice for your regular mobile phone.|
International SMS Fees
Sending: 50 to 500 JPY, depending on the number of characters being sent. (The number of characters that can be sent per message varies by model and application used)
|# of Characters Sent||Fee per Message|
|In the case of half-width English letters only||In the case of full-width characters|
|1-160 characters||1-70 characters||50 JPY|
|161-306 characters||71-134 characters||100 JPY|
|307-459 characters||135-201 characters||150 JPY|
|460-612 characters||202-268 characters||200 JPY|
|613-765 characters||269-335 characters||250 JPY|
|766-918 characters||336-402 characters||300 JPY|
|919-1071 characters||403-469 characters||350 JPY|
|1072-1224 characters||470-536 characters||400 JPY|
|1225-1377 characters||537-603 characters||450 JPY|
|1378-1530 characters||604-670 characters||500 JPY|
- There may be cases where the service is unavailable due to model or communication issues.
- 2in1 B numbers cannot be used.
- If "Refuse SMS" is set for within Japan, you will be unable to receive International SMS messages, even when overseas.
- There may be cases where "a maximum of 670 characters (1530 characters in the case of half-width English letters only) can be sent and received" is stated in the L-01F instruction manual (quick start guide); however, messages of 71 characters or more (161 characters or more in the case of half-width English letters only) will fail to send. (A fee will not be charged.)
- Short Message Service (SMS) cannot be used on an iPad.
- With regard to the cost of sending International SMS messages, this is subject to toll-free communications such as of basic usage fees.
- It is not subject to toll-free communications included in the Xi data communication dedicated plans or FOMA data plan.In addition, communication fees are not subject to the various discounted services provided in packet fixed rate services, etc.
- International SMS messages are not included in the WORLD CALL usage limit.
- The fees for sending SMS messages when using WORLD WING are different.
- Consumption tax, etc., is not added to call and communication fees for the various international services.
- TM and © 2016 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc.