About Purchasing in Installments
DOCOMO installment payments (individual credit purchase brokerage/installment sale) are available in addition to lump-sum payment when purchasing a handset.
DOCOMO Installment Payment Contract (Individual Credit Purchase Brokerage Contract/Installment Sale Contract)
Models covered by Value Course and Xi compatible models
Check of documents verifying identity
An application can be made with the same documents for verifying identity as a new application.
About Using Points
When you use d POINTs for purchasing a handset, the points will be applied to the cost of the handset (including the down payment), and the remaining amount (excluding any down payment that remains) will be subject to monthly installment payments.
Notes on DOCOMO Installment Payments
- Individual credit purchase brokerage contract refers to a purchase method for DOCOMO to pay the purchase price (excluding the down payment) of a product being purchased by the customer to a store on behalf of the customer and then the customer to pay that purchase price to DOCOMO in installments.
- DOCOMO installment payments refer to a purchase method for a FOMA service subscriber who purchases a handset model specified by DOCOMO at the sales price for Value Course specified by the sales store or for a Xi service subscriber who purchases a handset model specified by DOCOMO to sign an installment payment contract (individual credit purchase brokerage contract/installment sale contract) with DOCOMO and pay to DOCOMO in installments an amount obtained by subtracting the amount of the down payment specified by each sales store from the amount of the purchase price. Either 12 payments or 24 payments are available. The number of payments cannot be changed during the installment payment contract period.
- The application must be made by the subscriber to use DOCOMO installment payments under an individual name. An application made by a representative (except a legal representative or family member of the subscriber) will not be accepted.
- Official identification of the subscriber and a screening process are necessary to apply for the DOCOMO installment payment contract. Only payments by bank account transfer or by credit card are accepted for monthly installment payments for the individual credit purchase brokerage contract/installment sale contract. Furthermore, except when a new contract is concluded at the same time, an application for DOCOMO installment payments is limited to only a subscriber with a proven track record of paying usage charges for the corresponding FOMA service subscription or Xi service line.
- If the expiry date on the Certificate of Alien Registration or residence card is before the end of the installment payment contract period, DOCOMO installment payment contract may not be able to be used.
- DOCOMO installment payment contracts are limited to a total of two contracts, one for a FOMA service subscription (with the exception of a FOMA 2in1 B number subscription) and one for a Xi service subscription. A new DOCOMO installment payment contract may be refused based on the results of screening determined by DOCOMO, when a new installment payment application is made within a period specified by DOCOMO, or when DOCOMO determines the purpose of the handset purchase by installments is to resell the handset even if the number of current DOCOMO installment payment contracts is less than two.
- The monthly installment payments will be billed along with the usage charges of the FOMA service, Xi service, etc. from the bill two months after the contract is signed. The payment method and payment date are the same as the usage charges of the FOMA service, Xi service, etc.
- docomo Points can be applied to paying the lump sum of the remaining installment payments only in the case of purchasing a new handset when changing handset models.
- If an application is made for an individual credit purchase brokerage contract (DOCOMO's installment payments), the personal credit information of the customer will be registered with a "designated credit information agency" specified by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry based on the stipulations of the Installment Sales Act. The information that is registered is attribute information such as the name and address of the customer, details of the individual credit purchase brokerage contract concluded with DOCOMO, and payment status of the customer.
Furthermore, if the customer is late with payments, that fact will also be registered. Please note when the subscriber is a minor and the legal parent or guardian who is registered to make the payments is late with payments, this fact will also be handled as information on late payments for the subscriber (minor).
Also please note that since the customer's registered personal information is available to other members of the designated credit information agency, an application for credit or a loan may be rejected if there is information on late payments.
- A Basic Course subscriber cannot sign DOCOMO installment payment contracts.