Procedures for Subscription Cancellation with Mobile/PHS Number Portability (MNP)
Thank you for using DOCOMO's mobile phone. This is a guide to canceling your subscription with MNP.
Step 1: Acquire MNP reservation number
You can apply for an MNP reservation number by PC, phone, or at a docomo Shop.
You can apply from (docomo Online Application). The required d ACCOUNT can be easily issued, so even beginners can start using right away.
- A d ACCOUNT is required for use.
If one or more of the following applies to you, you cannot cancel online. Please contact the docomo Information Center or your nearest docomo Shop to perform procedures.
- Representative line for Single Billing Service/Bulk Delivery Service
- The representative line of a Family Discount subscription with 3 lines or more
- Business hours :
- 9 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- To apply from a DOCOMO mobile phone, call 151 (toll free, in Japanese only) without an area code.
- For inquiries in English, Portuguese, Chinese, and Spanish, and applications from landline phones, see General Inquiries (docomo Information Center).
- Business hours :
- 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
All shops provide this support service through interpreters, to enable foreign language speaking customers to stop by freely and comfortably.
Business hours differ by shop. See the pages of individual shops for details.
- Business hours :
- Within the business hours of the corresponding shop
Use docomo Shop Appointment
Use docomo Shop Appointment to make an appointment in advance so that you are served quickly. docomo Shop Appointment makes serving you a priority when you arrive at the shop.
- You will be attended to as soon as there are counter staff available. Please note that you may have to wait a short while.
- Hours available for appointment differ by shop and date.
Step 2: Notify the new carrier of your MNP reservation number
Notify the new carrier of your MNP reservation number and apply for a new mobile/PHS phone subscription with MNP.
A handling fee of ¥2,000 applies for Mobile/PHS Number Portability.
- The handling fee will be billed together with your usage charges the month following the cancellation of your subscription with Mobile/PHS Number Portability (MNP).
- If you newly subscribe without purchasing a mobile phone (subscription for just a docomo UIM Card or subscription for 2in1 B number), there will be a ¥5,000 handling fee if you have cancelled your subscription with Mobile/PHS Number Portability (MNP) within 90 days. There will be a ¥2,000 handling fee if you had a subscription on or before May 13, 2014 regardless of the subscription period.
When using MNP to transfer your number, you are ending (cancelling) your subscription with your current carrier and starting a new subscription with the new carrier. Because of this, you should be aware of the following points:
About purchasing in installments
If there are any outstanding installments when you apply for cancellation, you will still be required to pay the installment payments. Canceling your subscription will result in the termination of your Monthly Support, and charges will be made without the discount deduction.
If you pay the lump sum of the remaining installment payments to cancel your subscription to the service, the DOCOMO installment payment contract (individual credit purchase brokerage contract/installment sale contract) can be terminated.
[In the case of d POINTs (Under a personal name)]
Make sure you are issued a d ACCOUNT before cancelling your mobile phone subscription. If you have a d ACCOUNT, you can continue using d POINTs with some services as a member of d POINT CLUB after cancelling your mobile phone subscription. If a d ACCOUNT is not issued, you will not be able to continue using services such as d POINT CLUB and dmarket, and your d POINTs (also including points earned with your d CARD or d POINT CARD) will be forfeited.
- If you have a d ACCOUNT, you can continue using some services such as dmarket.
[In the case of docomo Points (Under a personal name and a corporate name)]
When you cancel your mobile phone subscription, docomo Points will be forfeited regardless of whether you have a d ACCOUNT.
- Your length of use with the subscription will be reset to zero.
- Your mail address will change.
- If you are subscribed to Long-Term Subscriber Discount (such as New Ichinen Discount from DOCOMO), cancellation charges may apply.
- Downloaded content and electronic money may not be transferred.
- You will not be able to use your current mobile phone after switching. You will need a new mobile phone compatible with your new carrier.
- You cannot make MNP procedures if you use services such as mobile satellite phone or data-communications-only services.
- Unless otherwise specified, all indicated amounts exclude tax.