Procedure for Models Released between April 2011 and April 2015
- SIM lock unlock handling fee: ¥3,000
This page provides information about the items you will need for the procedure to unlock the SIM lock of a DOCOMO mobile phone or other device.
- DOCOMO will verify that you are the subscriber by confirming your name, date of birth, etc. If applications are for lines in the name of a company or organization, the identification of the person who applies may be required. If line subscriptions for DOCOMO cannot be confirmed, the identification of the person who applies is required. Furthermore, if the identification of the person who applies is National Health Insurance Card, a utility receipt, credit card, student ID, Certificate of Residence (Juminhyo), or Certificate of Registered Matters on Alien Registration does not have to be included.
- With regards to a mobile phone or other device with network use restricted or with Omakase Lock or Mobile Phone Protection Lock set, an application will be able to be accepted after the corresponding lock has been unlocked. Network Use Restrictions (in Japanese only) cannot be cancelled.
- With regards to a mobile phone or other device with water damage or other extensive damage, an application will be able to be accepted after repairs have been carried out.
If You Forget Your PIN or Password
DOCOMO may ask you for your PIN and password when you perform the required procedure at a shop.
If you have forgotten your PIN or password, see the procedures for confirming, resetting, and reissuing of a PIN and password on the If You Forget Your PIN or Password page.
For notes on unlocking a SIM lock when, for example, the SIM lock has been unlocked or when your mobile phone or other device will be used with another carrier's SIM card inserted, see Notes on Unlocking a SIM Lock.
Models Compatible with SIM Lock Unlocking
Information on compatible models incorporating the SIM lock unlock function.
- Compatible models are those released between April 2011 and April 2015.
SIM lock unlock handling fee: ¥3,000
- The above charge can be paid at a service counter.
Procedures can be carried out at docomo Shops.
Business hours differ by shop. See the pages of individual shops for details.
Notes on Unlocking a SIM Lock
About data stored on a mobile phone
The data stored on your mobile phone (regardless of whether the data was created by you, and including, for example, data that was downloaded from an external source) may be altered or lost when you unlock the SIM lock.
DOCOMO bears no responsibility whatsoever for the alteration or loss of data on your mobile phone due to unlocking the SIM lock so it is your sole responsibility to take measures such as backing up the data.
About operation checks and operation guarantee for a mobile phone or other device*4 used while another carrier's SIM card is inserted
With regards to using a mobile phone with another carrier's SIM card inserted, DOCOMO does not, in principle, carry out operation checks on DOCOMO mobile phones and so does not whatsoever guarantee operation. There may be restrictions on the services, functions, downloaded applications, etc. that can be used when using a mobile phone with another carrier's SIM card inserted.
Furthermore, the SIM cards of other carriers providing transmission methods that differ from those provided by DOCOMO cannot be used for voice calls and other communications services. They can also not be used for emergency calls.
- Including a data card, mobile Wi-Fi router, etc.
About usage charges
When you use your mobile phone or other device with another carrier's SIM card inserted, charges determined by the carrier providing the telecommunications services used with corresponding SIM card will apply.
For details on the usage charges of the telecommunications services provided by the another carrier, contact that carrier.
About mobile phone repairs
Requests for repairs of a DOCOMO mobile phone or other device will be accepted at a service counter even if the SIM lock has been unlocked.
However, depending on the malfunction, you may be requested to contact the carrier providing the telecommunications services of the SIM card you inserted. Please note that you will be unable to borrow a replacement handset while repairs are being carried out if you do not have a DOCOMO line subscription.
Furthermore, please note that the SIM lock of any replacement handset available for borrowing will not be unlocked even if you have a DOCOMO line subscription.
About handling of personal information
Disputes and other issues with third parties
DOCOMO bears no responsibility whatsoever in the event of any inquiries received from or disputes or other issues with third parties as a result of unlocking the SIM lock of your mobile phone or other device or inserting and using another carrier's SIM card in your mobile phone or other device with an unlocked SIM lock, and it is your sole responsibility to resolve any such dispute or other issue.
- Please note in advance that a SIM lock cannot be locked again once it has been unlocked.
- With regards to any registered data that remains for functions provided by your mobile phone ("Osaifu-Keitai" function, etc.), you are requested to manage the data yourself to prevent unauthorized use by a third party.
- Fami-wari MAX50, Hitoridemo Discount50, and various other discount services can still continue to be used after the SIM lock is unlocked. However, please note that you will have to pay a set cancellation charge and the application of Monthly Support will be stopped if, for example, you cancel your DOCOMO line subscription. For details, see the page about cancellation.
- Unless otherwise specified, all indicated amounts exclude tax.