Procedure for Models Released in or after May 2015
This page provides information about the items you will need for the procedure to unlock the SIM lock of a DOCOMO mobile phone or other device.
- DOCOMO will verify that you are the subscriber by confirming your name, date of birth, etc. If applications are for lines in the name of a company or organization, the identification of the person who applies may be required. Furthermore, if the identification of the person who applies is National Health Insurance Card, a utility receipt, credit card, student ID, Certificate of Residence (Juminhyo), or Certificate of Registered Matters on Alien Registration does not have to be included.
- With regards to a mobile phone or other device with Omakase Lock or Mobile Phone Protection Lock set, an application will be able to be accepted after the corresponding lock has been unlocked.
- With regards to a mobile phone or other device with water damage or other extensive damage, an application will be able to be accepted after repairs have been carried out.
If You Forget Your PIN or Password
DOCOMO may ask you for your PIN and password when you perform the required procedure at a shop.
If you have forgotten your PIN or password, see the procedures for confirming, resetting, and reissuing of a PIN and password on the If You Forget Your PIN or Password page.
- Various locks such as network use restrictions and Omakase Lock are not set.
- You can check whether or not your phone is applicable to network use restrictions from the Network Use Restrictions Mobile Phone Confirmation Site (in Japanese only).
Network Use Restrictions Mobile Phone Confirmation Site (in Japanese only)
- Model for which there is history of the subscriber purchasing it.
- Model for which 100 days have elapsed since purchase date
However, the procedure to unlock the SIM can be performed immediately even if 100 days have not elapsed in the following cases.
- When a SIM lock has been unlocked *4 for the corresponding line in the past and 100 days have elapsed since the application was accepted
- When the corresponding model was paid for in full or purchased in installments and all installment payments are paid (if Device Purchase Support is used for any of these cases, you will need to pay a cancellation charge for Device Purchase Support).
- Applies to a request to unlock a SIM lock accepted during the line subscription period.
- If you have already cancelled your subscription with DOCOMO, 100 days have not elapsed since the cancellation date
For notes on unlocking a SIM lock when, for example, the SIM lock has been unlocked or when your mobile phone or other device will be used with another carrier's SIM card inserted, see Notes on Unlocking a SIM Lock.
Models Compatible with SIM Lock Unlocking and Compatible Frequency Bands
Information on the models compatible with SIM lock unlocking and the compatible frequency bands by model.
About the Handling Fee
The SIM lock unlocking handling fee differs depending on the application method.
SIM lock unlocking handling fee for DOCOMO subscribers (excl. tax)
|Device types||Application method|
|docomo Smartphone, docomo Tablet, docomo Feature Phone (sp-mode), docomo Raku-Raku PHONE (sp-mode), docomo Raku-Raku SMART PHONE, Smartphone for Junior and Kids' Keitai F-03J||Free||¥3,000||¥3,000|
|docomo Feature Phone (i-mode), docomo Raku-Raku PHONE (i-mode), docomo Kids&Juninors (except for Kids' Keitai F-03J)||—||—||Free|
|Data communications products (data cards, Wi-Fi routers)||—||—||Free|
SIM lock unlocking handling fee for person who has cancelled DOCOMO subscription. (excl. tax)
|Device types||Application method|
|docomo Smartphone, docomo Tablet, docomo Feature Phone (sp-mode), docomo Raku-Raku PHONE (sp-mode), docomo Raku-Raku SMART PHONE, Smartphone for Junior and Kids' Keitai F-03J||—||—||¥3,000|
|docomo Feature Phone (i-mode), docomo Raku-Raku PHONE (i-mode), docomo Kids&Juninors (except for Kids' Keitai F-03J)||—||—||¥3,000|
|Data communications products (data cards, Wi-Fi routers)||—||—||¥3,000|
You can apply by PC, phone, or at a docomo Shop.
You can apply from (docomo Online Application). The required d ACCOUNT can be easily issued, so even beginners can start using right away.
- A d ACCOUNT is required for use.
- Operation procedures on the actual screens are in Japanese.
- Business hours :
- 24 hours *5
- To apply from a DOCOMO mobile phone, call 151 (toll free, in Japanese only) without an area code.
- For inquiries in English, Portuguese, Chinese, and Spanish, and applications from landline phones, see General Inquiries (docomo Information Center).
- Business hours :
- 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
All shops provide this support service through interpreters, to enable foreign language speaking customers to stop by freely and comfortably.
Business hours differ by shop. See the pages of individual shops for details.
- Business hours :
- Within the business hours of the corresponding shop
- Unavailable from 10:30 p.m. every Tuesday to 7:00 a.m. the following morning due to system maintenance.
Notes on Unlocking a SIM Lock
About data stored on a mobile phone
The data stored on your mobile phone (regardless of whether the data was created by you, and including, for example, data that was downloaded from an external source) may be altered or lost when you unlock the SIM lock.
DOCOMO bears no responsibility whatsoever for the alteration or loss of data on your mobile phone due to unlocking the SIM lock so it is your sole responsibility to take measures such as backing up the data.
About operation checks and operation guarantee for a mobile phone or other device*6*7 used while another carrier's SIM card is inserted
With regards to using a mobile phone with another carrier's SIM card inserted, DOCOMO does not, in principle, carry out operation checks on DOCOMO mobile phones and so does not whatsoever guarantee operation. There may be restrictions on the services, functions, downloaded applications, etc. that can be used when using a mobile phone with another carrier's SIM card inserted.
Furthermore, the SIM cards of other carriers providing transmission methods that differ from those provided by DOCOMO cannot be used for voice calls and other communications services. They can also not be used for emergency calls.
- Including a data card, mobile Wi-Fi router, etc.
- For the models DOCOMO has verified cannot be used for voice calls (including emergency calls) and data communications while an au IC card or SoftBank USIM card is inserted, see Models Compatible with SIM Lock Unlocking and Compatible Frequency Bands.
About usage charges
When you use your mobile phone or other device with another carrier's SIM card inserted, charges determined by the carrier providing the telecommunications services used with corresponding SIM card will apply.
For details on the usage charges of the telecommunications services provided by the another carrier, contact that carrier.
About mobile phone repairs
Requests for repairs of a DOCOMO mobile phone or other device will be accepted at a service counter even if the SIM lock has been unlocked.
However, depending on the malfunction, you may be requested to contact the carrier providing the telecommunications services of the SIM card you inserted. Please note that you will be unable to borrow a replacement handset while repairs are being carried out if you do not have a DOCOMO line subscription.
Furthermore, please note that the SIM lock of any replacement handset available for borrowing will not be unlocked even if you have a DOCOMO line subscription.
About handling of personal information
Disputes and other issues with third parties
DOCOMO bears no responsibility whatsoever in the event of any inquiries received from or disputes or other issues with third parties as a result of unlocking the SIM lock of your mobile phone or other device or inserting and using another carrier's SIM card in your mobile phone or other device with an unlocked SIM lock, and it is your sole responsibility to resolve any such dispute or other issue.
- Please note in advance that a SIM lock cannot be locked again once it has been unlocked.
- With regards to any registered data that remains for functions provided by your mobile phone ("Osaifu-Keitai" function, etc.), you are requested to manage the data yourself to prevent unauthorized use by a third party.
- Fami-wari MAX50, Hitoridemo Discount50, and various other discount services can still continue to be used after the SIM lock is unlocked. However, please note that you will have to pay a set cancellation charge and the application of Monthly Support will be stopped if, for example, you cancel your DOCOMO line subscription. For details, see the page about cancellation.
- Unless otherwise specified, all indicated amounts exclude tax.