- Xi "crossy"FOMA
- Contract handling fee
Learn about procedures and items you will need to apply for a new subscription with DOCOMO.
- Be sure to check Prevention of Improper Use of Mobile Phones Initiative in advance.
- In the case of making a new subscription under a personal name, the application must be made by the subscriber. An application cannot be accepted from a representative (except for a member of the subscriber's family).
- For an application made by a family member of the subscriber, a letter of attorney, document verifying the identity of the family member of the subscriber, and document proving that the person applying is a family member of the subscriber (Family Register [Koseki Tohon] or Certificate of Residence (Juminhyo) without Individual Number (social security and tax number) printed on it, etc.) are required in addition to an identification document of the subscriber. When other than a Japanese driver's license or Individual Number Card (My Number Card) is used as the identification document of the member of the subscriber's family, an additional document is required.
If you have a Japanese driver's license or Individual Number Card (My Number Card), bring it with you.
- Only a document showing your current address.
- A photocopy is not acceptable.
- For details, check Identification documents of the subscriber.
- Only a document verifying the full name and date of birth of the user.
- A photocopy is acceptable.
- Bring credit card or bank card under the name of the subscriber.
- Bank cards cannot be used in some stores and the bank cards of some financial institutions cannot be used. For details, check Application by Bank Card for Automatic Payment.
- For details, check Requirements for procedures to pay your monthly bill.
- Contract handling fee of ¥3,000 (This will be included in your bill the following month along with usage charges.)
- Payment for handset, accessories, etc.
Procedures can be carried out at docomo Shops or docomo Online Shop.
Business hours differ by shop. See the pages of individual shops for details.
docomo Feature Phone
- May not be available due to system maintenance. Check the maintenance information (in Japanese only) for details.
Procedures for New Application with Mobile Number Portability (MNP)
View an explanation on information such as procedures for Mobile Number Portability (MNP) for those who wish to switch to DOCOMO right away using MNP.
For Subscribers Who Purchase a Mobile Phone
When newly subscribing and changing models, each will require both a contract handling fee and registration fee. Information on the fees required and money-saving information and services for payments.
- A handset specified by DOCOMO can also be purchased with installment payments.
- If the expiry date on the Certificate of Alien Registration or residence card is before the end of the installment payment contract period, you cannot use DOCOMO installment payments.
- FOMA service subscribers can select Value Course or Basic Course when purchasing an applicable handset model.
Prevention of Improper Use of Mobile Phones Initiative
- In accordance with the Act for Prevention of Improper Use of Mobile Phones (effective as of April 1, 2006), DOCOMO is required to confirm the subscriber's identity with original identification documents as specified by DOCOMO and make a record of that confirmation. Even subscribers who already have a subscription with DOCOMO are required to confirm their identity with original identification documents. You are not permitted to transfer ownership of the docomo UIM Card (FOMA Card) used for the subscription to another party without notifying DOCOMO.
- In order to prevent mobile phone subscriptions that have been illicitly obtained with forged documents verifying identity from being used in bank transfer scams and other crimes, DOCOMO may determine that it is necessary to confirm the validity of the documents verifying identity (such as a Japanese driver's license) presented by the subscriber at the time of subscription. In such case, we may provide the issuing authority (police agencies, etc.) with the information of that document (Japanese driver's license, etc.) to confirm its validity. We ask for your understanding in our efforts to prevent bank transfer scams and other crime.
- In order to prevent large numbers of improper subscriptions under the same name, individuals are generally limited to a maximum of five line subscriptions, including currently active subscription lines, subscription lines for which the phone numbers are stored, and inactive subscription lines, under the same personal name for each line type determined by DOCOMO.
- Unless otherwise specified, all indicated amounts exclude tax.