Changing Your Mobile Phone Model
The application service counter, application procedure, and items required for application if you wish to change the FOMA phone, Xi "crossy" phone, Smartphone, or other mobile phone you are currently using to a new model are described below.
Flow from Application to Start of Use
STEP 1: Data transfer and backup
See the procedure for migrating data from the phone you are using now to a new model and the procedure for backing up data to prevent data loss in the event of an accident.
STEP 2: Advance preparations
Please prepare the items required for an application.
Identification documents of the subscriber are necessary for applying for an individual credit purchase brokerage contract or installment sales contract *1.
- In case of Xi to Xi or FOMA to FOMA
Registration handling fee: ¥2,000
- In case of FOMA to Xi or vice versa
Contract handling fee: ¥3,000
Please have the money for the purchase including handling fees ready. *2
- Only payments by bank account transfer or by credit card are accepted for monthly installment payments for the individual credit purchase brokerage contract/installment sale contract.
- Installment payments (screening required) and credit payments are also accepted.
- If stolen or lost, identification documents of the subscriber are necessary (however, the attachment of a public utility fee receipt or Certificate of Residence [Juminhyo] is not necessary.)
- Presentation of (dmenu) → My docomo ([Customer support]) → (Mobile phone purchase confirmation site) (Network PIN is required) from the / (dmenu/i-mode menu) of the mobile phone you are currently using or confirmation that the person present is the contract holder by their name, date of birth, etc. will be requested (confirmation through presentation of (dmenu) → My docomo ([Customer support]) → (Mobile phone purchase confirmation site (Network PIN is required) at the docomo Shop is invalid). If applying under the name of a company or as an agent, the identification documents, etc. (however, the attachment of a public utility fee receipt or Certificate of Residence [Juminhyo] is not necessary) of the person visiting the store may be required.
STEP 3: Product purchase and procedures
Please select the model you would like to buy. Once you have selected a product, the application procedure will start.
Check the recommended products in advance
Introduces DOCOMO's latest models.
Search for a price plan that suits your needs.
How about reviewing your current payment plan along with the model change? You can use a simulation according to your purpose to search for a plan that suits your needs.
About Mobile Device Protection
If you apply in advance, you will be protected in the event of trouble.
The services that you can enroll in differ depending on the device you are using. Please refer to About Mobile Device Protection for details.
Procedures can be carried out at docomo Shops.
Business hours differ by shop. See the pages of individual shops for details.
- Business hours :
- Within the business hours of the corresponding shop
Notes on Procedures
- When changing mobile phone models, please purchase a new battery, battery charger, and other accessories if your current ones are not compatible with the new model.
- If you select to purchase a mobile phone in installments, you will need to apply for a separate DOCOMO installment payment contract (individual credit purchase brokerage contract). The various terms and conditions can be found in the DOCOMO installment payment contract (individual credit purchase brokerage contract).
- When changing subscription, billing for the new subscription will use the same automatic payment (or credit card payment) information as the current subscription.
- Data such as phone numbers and mail addresses can be backed up through docomo Welcome Support.
- If you purchase a new mobile phone before completing the promised period of use after purchasing a mobile phone with Basic Course, you will be required to pay a Basic Course cancellation charge. That charge will apply for the number of months remaining in the promised period of use, and the charge will be ¥600 multiplied by the number of months remaining.
Changing subscription from a FOMA mobile phone to a Xi "crossy" mobile phone or vice versa
- If a subscriber to Fami-wari MAX50, Hitoridemo Discount50, Business Discount50, Office-wari MAX50, New Ichinen Discount, or Ichinen Discount changes the subscription to Xi "crossy" along with applying for Xi Data Plan Ninen, the subscription period of Fami-wari MAX50, Hitoridemo Discount50, Business Discount50, Office-wari MAX50, New Ichinen Discount, or Ichinen Discount will not be transferred.
- If a subscriber to Fami-wari MAX50, Hitoridemo Discount50, Business Discount50, Office-wari MAX50, New Ichinen Discount, or Ichinen Discount changes the subscription to Xi "crossy" along with applying for Xi Data Plan, a cancellation charge will apply.
- If a subscriber to Xi Data Plan Ninen changes the subscription to FOMA (except when applying for Flat-Rate Data STANDARD-WARI or Hearty Discount at the same time), a cancellation charge will apply.
Services you can continue to use
- i-mode, Voice Mail Service, Call Waiting Service, Call Forwarding Service, Nuisance Call Blocking Service, WORLD CALL, Quick Number, Long-Term Subscriber Discount, Fami-wari MAX50, Hitoridemo Discount50, New Ichinen Discount, Family Discount, Office Discount, Office-wari MAX50, Business Discount, Hearty Discount, Ikkatsu Discount, Bulk Line Discount, Yu Yu Call Discount, Itemized Billing Service, e-billing, Charge Notice Service, Melody Call, DOCOMO Mobile Payment, etc.
- If you continue to use i-mode after changing subscription, your i-mode password, mail address, mail settings (suspend mail function, secret code, mail rejection addresses), and mail stored at the i-mode center will be transferred to the FOMA subscription.
- Some sites on My Menu cannot be transferred. Please re-register sites you cannot transfer after 9 a.m. the following day. When you change from Xi "crossy" service to FOMA service, compatible sites on My Menu will automatically be transferred to the FOMA My Menu in iMenu. However, sites that cannot be transferred will be deleted from My Menu. If you wish to use those sites, please re-register them to My Menu on the FOMA handset.
- When carrying over Call Forwarding Service, it will remain activated/deactivated as set. However, if Call Forwarding is deactivated when the carry over is performed, the Call Forwarding number that is registered may not carry over. You should confirm the Call Forwarding number when you configure Call Forwarding settings.
- Your remaining communications allowance before subscription change (including amount carried over from months prior to the month of subscription change) will be carried over to your new subscription.
- The following services will be continued when you change the subscription from FOMA mobile phone to Xi "crossy" mobile phone.
WORLD WING, Itemized Billing Service, e-billing, Hearty Discount*, etc.
- You can only apply for Hearty Discount when you subscribe to Xi Data Plan. An application cannot be made when you subscribe to Xi Data Plan Ninen.
Using a FOMA device with a Xi "crossy" subscription
FOMA devices (except for some models) can currently be used with Xi "crossy" subscriptions, but the following applies.
[Example] When a SIM card of the same size can be used.
About services that can be used
FOMA devices cannot use high-speed communications and some content for Xi "crossy" devices.
About Monthly Support and other FOMA subscription discount services subscribed to at the time of changing your subscription from FOMA
- If the discount of Monthly Support is currently being applied, it will no longer be applied.
- If the discount of Device Purchase Support is currently being applied, a cancellation charge will apply.
- If the discount of Basic Purchase Support is currently being applied, a cancellation charge will apply.
About your billing plan and packet flat-rate service
Your billing plan and packet flat-rate service will be plans specifically for Xi "crossy".
About data rate limitations
When a FOMA device is used with a Xi packet flat-rate service or Xi data communications dedicated plan, your data rates may become slower than those of other subscribers if the volume of data that was used in the past three days is particularly large (approx. 3 million packets or more).
About FOMA devices that cannot be used
The following FOMA devices cannot be used (as of November 2012).
HT1100, HT-01A, HT-02A, HT-03A, M1000, NM850iG, NM706i, NM705i, M702iG, M702iS, and M2501
About using an Internet connection service other than i-mode and sp-mode
- If you are subscribed to DOCOMO's mopera U or Business mopera Internet, set the APN to "mopera.net" manually. Please see the user's manual of your model for how to configure the setting.
- If you are subscribed to another provider's service, be sure to check with the provider you are subscribed to beforehand, because using the Xi "crossy" service with your FOMA device may result in you no longer being able to connect to that service or having to pay the other provider's usage charges according to how long you are connected.
- If you change your subscription to the FOMA service without purchasing a FOMA device after subscribing to Xi "crossy", you will not be able to select Value Plan.
You can check the notices on the mobile phone contract and the provision conditions for each price plan and discount service.
- Unless otherwise specified, all indicated amounts exclude tax.