docomo Shop Services
View information on procedures and convenient services carried out at docomo Shops.
Foreign Language Support
All shops provide this support service* through interpreters, to enable foreign language speaking customers to stop by freely and comfortably.
- The shop staff calls up an interpreter by phone and the conversation is carried out by passing the phone to and from the customer.
- Interpreters are available for the four languages of English, Portuguese, Chinese, and Spanish.
9 a.m. to 8 p.m. (including Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays)
- Service is only available within shop business hours.
The shop staff calls up an interpreter by phone and the conversation is carried out by passing the phone to and from the customer.
docomo Shops mainly perform the following procedures.
- New subscription
- Model change
- Receipt of charges payments
- Reception for repairs
- Reception for various services
Please confirm with the nearest docomo Shop concerning other procedures.
You can also check procedures and submit applications at Online Procedures via the Internet.
- Services handled differ by shop. Please inquire with the shop in advance.
docomo Shop Appointment
Information about docomo Shop appointment which allows you to specify a docomo Shop and schedule a date and time to visit the shop.
docomo Shop Appointment (in Japanese only)
docomo My Shop
Useful and wonderful services for each individual customer. A new relationship between you and docomo Shop has begun.
docomo Welcome Support
Leave transfer of your Phonebook as well as notification to others of your new phone number or mail address to docomo Welcome Support. This even makes changing from another mobile phone carrier go smoother.
Get guidance on the billing plan, discount service, and phone usage most suitable for you.
DOCOMO has introduced the docomo Shop staff skills accreditation system Meister Certification program to improve knowledge and customer service levels so that each individual customer can receive satisfactory guidance. Staff who have passed any of the following tests wear the corresponding qualification badge so please do not hesitate to consult with them.
docomo Smartphone classes
docomo Smartphone classes are held for free at docomo Shops.
- They are not held at some shops. Also, the courses differ depending on the shop so please inquire directly at the corresponding shop.
Actually operate the latest handset models. You can try out the newest products along with hit services. Feel free to stop by at your convenience.
- Not handled at some shops.
A variety of services are provided free of charge to be of help to subscribers.
Feel free to stop by and partake of those services.
Details of services differ by shop. Please inquire directly with the shop.
Free charging service
Memory copying & smartphone initialization
Feel free to use a special device set up for backing up data. Save your important Phonebook (phone numbers and mail addresses) and other data to CD-R.*1
- Some handset models not handled.
- The mobile battery sharing service, ChargeSPOT is available at some stores in Tokyo, instead of the free battery charging service.
For details, check the following.
docomo Service Corners Services
docomo Service Corners provide the following services.
- Charge payments
- Charge consultation (changing of billing plan)
- Changing of network PIN
- Resetting of handset PIN, etc.
- The services available at docomo Service Corners differ from those available at docomo Shops and some services are not provided so be sure to inquire in advance of visiting a docomo Service Corner.
Move Toward Universal Design
Some shops are equipped with disabled parking spaces as well as slopes and wheelchair-accessible restrooms.
- Not available at some shops. See individual shop information for details.
Entrance with no steps
Explanation of barrier-free symbols
The following symbols are used on this website and other media for docomo Shops.
Entrance with slope and no steps
Disabled parking available
Wheelchair-accessible restroom available
Videophone for sign language support available
Support by Videophone
Support is also provided by Videophone.
Simple writing machines for the speech impaired are available for your use as needed.
- Not installed at some shops.
DOCOMO Hearty Plaza
Simple writing machines for the hearing or speech impaired are available for your use as needed.
Contribution to Society and Environment
Children's emergency services shops
As part of DOCOMO's community and social contribution activities, docomo Shops are being registered as "children's emergency services shops" where children can seek protection when in danger.
- Children's emergency services shops sticker displayed.
- Shops take temporary protective custody of children who seek refuge.
- Shops contact police or schools when children seek refuge.
- Some shops display stickers designated by the municipality.
- This service is not yet available in some shops.
Collection and recycling of mobile phones
DOCOMO accepts customers' mobile phones and smartphones free of charge.
In order to view PDF files, you must have the Adobe® Reader® plug-in offered free of charge from Adobe Systems, Inc. When viewing the PDF files with Adobe® Acrobat®, use version 10 or later.