What is the sp-mode Password?
It is the password to use when setting your mail address, using sp-mode Content Payment Service, etc.
sp-mode password setting at the time of purchase
 You can change the sp-mode password to any 4-digit number.
- If you apply for sp-mode at the same time as cancelling i-mode, the i-mode password you have used up until now will automatically become your sp-mode password.
How to Change Your sp-mode Password
Changing via sp-mode
You can perform the operation yourself from dmenu → My docomo ([Customer support]) → (Settings [mail, etc.]) → (sp-mode password [change])
Changing at docomo Shops
Originals of documents verifying the subscriber's identity are required.
If the Lock Is Activated
If the wrong sp-mode password is entered three times in a row, the lock will be activated.
The lock will be disabled automatically at 0:00 a.m. on the following day. You can disable the lock yourself by resetting the sp-mode password from My docomo ([Customer support]).
Disabling the lock via (docomo Online Application) by sp-mode
Disable the lock by resetting your sp-mode password in (Subscription details/procedures) of My docomo ([Customer support]) from dmenu.
A network PIN is required.
Disabling the lock via My docomo by PC
Disable the lock by resetting your sp-mode password in (docomo Online Application) of My docomo.
d ACCOUNT is required.
If You Forget Your sp-mode Password
The following methods can be used to reset the sp-mode password to the default setting of .
1. Resetting the sp-mode password via (docomo Online Application) by sp-mode.
dmenu → My docomo ([Customer support]) → (Resetting i-mode or sp-mode password)
- A network PIN is required to reset the sp-mode password.
2. Resetting the sp-mode password via My docomo by PC
(My docomo log in) → (Resetting i-mode/sp-mode password)
- d ACCOUNT in addition to a network PIN are required to reset the sp-mode password.
3. Resetting the sp-mode password at your nearest docomo Shop
Visit a nearby docomo Shop and take a document such as your Japanese driver's license with you to verify your identity.
- Please note that the docomo Shop may not be able to process your request in the following case.
- The shop cannot verify your identity as the subscriber.
When to Enter Your sp-mode Password
You are required to enter your sp-mode password when using the services or performing the operations below.
- Changing your mail address
- Mail rejection
- Suspending mail functions
- When using sp-mode Content Payment Service