Acceptance of Applications Regarding Failures and Repairs at docomo Shops
Information on acceptance of applications regarding failures and repairs at docomo Shops.
Flow of Repair Acceptance
STEP 1 From items to check before applying to submitting an application
Check whether your model can be accepted for repairs and what to prepare before applying.
STEP 2 Repair acceptance
Check the condition of the handset according to the information provided by the customer, and when determined that it may have been broken, accept it for repair.
STEP 3 Accept and repair
DOCOMO checks the condition of an accepted handset and repairs all failures that DOCOMO determines repair is required, not only the failures for which the repair application was made.
STEP 4 Repair completion and return
Return the repaired handset to the customer
- Repair may not be carried out depending on the condition of the handset. For details, see Check Items for Failures and Repairs.
- The handset data is initialized when the handset is accepted for repair. Please back up any necessary data before applying.
Things to Check before Applying
Check whether your model can be accepted for repairs
Check whether your model can be accepted for repair.
Warranty period and data backup
Check the following as well regarding the details and period of the warranty and backing up data before applying for a repair.
Cases in Which Repairs Are Difficult
Handsets that appear to have been exposed to water, damaged (beyond repair), etc. may not be acceptable or difficult to repair.
Check Cases in Which Repairs Are Difficult and consult a shop.
Items to Check before Applying
Before visiting a docomo Shop to apply for repairs, prepare the following items.
|When the subscriber of an individual subscription visits a shop||
[Items to prepare]
|When a representative visits a shop||Please bring the following three items in addition to those in "Items to prepare" above.|
|When a corporate subscription customer visits a shop||The following two items are required in addition to the items listed above in "Items to prepare".|
- If the docomo UIM Card (FOMA Card) needs to be reissued, a handling free of ¥2,000 will be charged. (A handling fee will be included on your bill the following month.)
- When you submit your mobile phone for repairs at a docomo Shop, your charger (AC adapter, desktop holder, etc.) may be required.
(Accessories [charger, etc.] are not applicable for Online Repair Acceptance Service.)
- The mobile phone number, subscriber name, subscriber address, and other information will be verified at the place where the mobile phone is accepted for repairs.
You can inquire regarding failures and apply for repairs at the repair acceptance counter of any docomo Shop or docomo Service Corners in Japan.
Furthermore, your application will be handled on a priority basis on the day of visit if you register the date/time of visit to the docomo Shop.