September 30, 2014
DOCOMO Unveils 16 New Mobile Devices for Winter/Spring Lineup
TOKYO, JAPAN, September 30, 2014 --- NTT DOCOMO, INC., a personalized mobile solutions provider for smarter living, today unveiled its 2014 winter/2015 spring lineup of mobile devices — seven smartphones, two tablets, two feature phones, one Raku-Raku ("easy-easy") phone, two mobile Wi-Fi® routers, and one each feature phone and wristwatch-type wearable device for kids and juniors — which will launch in Japan on or after October 4.
The diverse new collection features a range of devices incorporating advanced mobile technologies, including Japan's first Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) service, mobile Wi-Fi routers compatible with DOCOMO's LTE-Advanced network, and more.
Some of the many notable features of DOCOMO's new lineup are as follows:
- All smartphones in the lineup compatible with VoLTE for stable, high-quality voice and video calls.
- One smartphone and one Wi-Fi router for TD-LTE roaming and two smartphones with expanded 700MHz compatibility for wider LTE roaming.
- Two mobile Wi-Fi routers compatible with LTE-Advanced for maximum downlink of 225Mbps1, currently the highest data transmission speed in Japan2. The new models will be released in or after February 2015.
- All smartphones and tablets featuring high-resolution audio for enjoyment of music exceeding CD quality3.
- Five smartphones and two tablets capable of extra-fast downloads using LTE and Wi-Fi simultaneously. Also, three smartphones and one tablet able to supplement weak Wi-Fi signal with LTE network for smoother, more stable data transmission.
- All smartphones and tablets installed with upgraded docomo LIVE UXTM, a home screen application capable of cloud-based operation to allow users to set one home screen for multiple devices and transfer the old home screen to an upgraded device.
- All smartphones and tablets equipped with upgraded inner camera capabilities such as enhanced photo-editing applications as well as wider-angle lens and panorama mode for diverse selfies.
- Seventh model in the Disney Mobile on docomo series, a collaboration with The Walt Disney Company (Japan) Ltd., featuring unique designs and content.
- The first water-resistant Raku-Raku Phone model and an impact-resistant feature phone designed specifically for pre-teens.
The 2014 winter/2015 spring lineup also includes the DOCOTCHTM, a wearable device for children that combines 3G communications, GPS, Bluetooth® and sensors to monitor level of activity and surroundings, including air temperature and humidity. DOCOMO will launch the device in March 2015 along with its companion DOCOTCH service, a web-based child-safety solution for parents.
Launch dates and detailed specifications for all models are listed in the attachment.
(Open a PDF file)(Attachment) Selected Features and Specifications (PDF format: 90KB)
docomo Feature Phone
docomo Raku-Raku Phone
- 1 Maximum downlink speed of 225Mbps is only available in selected areas. Downlink speeds are theoretical maximums and services are provided on a best-effort basis. Speeds may vary depending on network traffic or transmission environments.
- 2 Based on DOCOMO's own research as of September 29, 2014.
- 3 Capable of sampling 24-bit or higher / 96kHz or higher audio files.
- All devices are under development, and the specifications are subject to change.
- docomo LIVE UX and DOCOTCH are trademarks of NTT DOCOMO, INC.
- Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG Inc.
- All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About NTT DOCOMO
NTT DOCOMO provides innovative, convenient and secure mobile services that enable smarter living for each customer. The company serves over 63 million mobile customers in Japan via advanced wireless networks, including a nationwide 3G network and one of the world's first commercial LTE networks. Leveraging its unique capabilities as a mobile operator, DOCOMO is a leading developer of cutting-edge technologies for NFC mobile payments, mobile GPS, mobile TV, intuitive mobile assistance, environmental monitoring, smart grids and much more. Overseas, the company provides technical and operational expertise to eight mobile operators and other partner companies. NTT DOCOMO is listed on the Tokyo (9437) and New York (DCM) stock exchanges. Please visit https://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/ for more information.
In order to view PDF files, you must have the Page will open in a new window.Adobe® Reader® plug-in offered free of charge from Adobe Systems, Inc. When viewing the PDF files with Adobe® Acrobat®, use version 10 or later.