What's the Network PIN?
The PIN that is required to verify subscriber identity when, for example, orders are received or the settings for optional services are changed at a docomo Shop or from the docomo Information Center or (docomo Online Application).
The four-digit number you specified at the time of subscription
If You Forget Your Network PIN
Visit a docomo Shop with documents such as a Japanese driver's license that verify your identity. Then, perform the registration procedure again.
Business hours differ by shop. See the pages of individual shops for details.
- Please note that the docomo Shop may not be able to process your request in the following case.
- The shop cannot verify your identity.
- If you are using the services of an MVNO, inquire directly with the MVNO.
If the Lock is Engaged
If an incorrect PIN is entered a certain number of times, your PIN is locked. Your PIN may also be locked even if you enter an incorrect network PIN several times across multiple services.
Locks will gradually be released from 12 a.m. on the following day. If it is not released, please bring some personal identification (driver's license, etc.), and visit a docomo Shop. Re-registration procedures will be conducted.
Change and Re-registration Procedures
No administrative service fee is charged for processing.
Changing via PC/sp-mode
You can apply from (docomo Online Application). The required d ACCOUNT can be easily issued, so even beginners can start using right away.
When accessing from a PC, a d ACCOUNT is required.
When accessing from a smartphone or docomo Feature Phone (sp-mode), a Network PIN is required.
Business hours: 24 hours *1
Changing via i-mode
You can apply from (docomo Online Application).
When accessing from a docomo Feature Phone (i-mode), a Network PIN is required. For details on applying, check About (docomo Online Application) for i-mode Version.
Business hours: 24 hours *1
Changing at docomo Shops
Originals of documents verifying the subscriber's identity are required. Business hours differ by shop. See the pages of individual shops for details.
Business hours: Within the business hours of the corresponding shop
Changing by phone
Your network PIN can be changed by dialing 151 (toll free, in Japanese only) from a DOCOMO mobile phone, or dialing 0120-800-000 (in Japanese only)*2 from a landline phone or other mobile phone. A network PIN is required.
Business hours: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Unavailable from 10:30 p.m. every Tuesday to 7:00 a.m. the following morning due to system maintenance.
- Communications charges do not apply for calls to numbers starting with 0120.
Cases When Asked to Enter Your Network PIN
- Voice Mail Service (remote operations via land-line or pay phone)
- Setting the Caller ID Notification Service (setting Activate or Deactivate)
- 2in1 (setting the Incoming Call Avoidance Function Settings)
- Call Forwarding Service (remote operations via land-line or pay phone)
- Nuisance Call Blocking Service (registering or unregistering numbers to block)
- SMS Rejection Settings (registering or unregistering numbers to block)
- Visual Voicemail (changing the setting to use Visual Voicemail)
- mopera U (when using the initial settings [obtaining user name, authentication password, Web mail, and email address], when changing the settings)
- Incoming Call Restriction for Roaming (setting to restrict incoming calls during roaming)
- Xi Femtocell (setting to be guided to Xi Femtocell)
- [docomo Online Application]/e-billing/ [Usage Charges Confirmation]/My docomo (user authentication via i-mode or automatic voice guidance)
- d Payment (iD) (registering for the service or using the service)
- Reactivating the service by 0120-524-360 (remote operations via land-line or pay phone)
- (Phone purchase confirmation site)
- docomo kouza
Preventing unauthorized use when performing remote operations from another phone
Remote Access Lock helps prevent unauthorized access when other phones attempt to remotely access your Voice Mail Service or other services. The function automatically deactivates remote access if the Network PIN is entered incorrectly more than a predetermined number of times.
- Network PIN is entered incorrectly three times in a row.
- The phone is disconnected from the center. Remote Access is not disabled at this stage.
- Network PIN is entered incorrectly four times in a row.
- Remote access function is disabled.
Issuing and Changing Your PIN, ID, or Password
The following link lists the PIN required for using services and how to issue, change, and unlock the PIN.
Notes on Using Your PIN
Your PIN may be required to use DOCOMO's services.
Do not disclose your PIN to anyone.
In order to view PDF files, you must have the Adobe® Reader® plug-in offered free of charge from Adobe Systems, Inc. When viewing the PDF files with Adobe® Acrobat®, use version 10 or later.