Cancelling Your Mobile Phone Subscription
- Contract handling fee : Free
Thank you for using DOCOMO's mobile phone. This is a guide to canceling your subscription.
See "Procedures for Subscription Cancellation with Mobile/PHS Number Portability (MNP)" for details on cancelling with MNP.
See "Cancelling docomo Hikari" for details on cancelling docomo Hikari.
Cancelling docomo Hikari (in Japanese only)
The following is what you will need to cancel your subscription.
Your current docomo UIM Card/docomo eSIM Card
You must bring your current docomo UIM Card (FOMA Card) and return it to the docomo Shop.
If you do not have a docomo UIM Card (Lost or stolen etc.)
Your network PIN or a document verifying the identity of the subscriber
The verification documents must be the ones that include your name, birth date, and current residence.
Photocopies are not accepted.
- Your network PIN is the 4-digit number used for various service settings that you specified at the time of subscription, etc.
- If a representative applies on behalf of an organization or other individual (application by proxy), the representative may need to present proof of identity. The cancellation can be processed if one document verifying identity is presented, even if it is not a driver's license.
- Please see Documents Verifying Identity for more details.
- Charges incurred up to the day of cancellation.
- You will be billed for these charges the following month.
Cancelling with Mobile/PHS Number Portability (MNP)
- If you plan to change your subscription to another carrier with Mobile/PHS Number Portability (MNP), you must first apply to NTT DOCOMO for an MNP reservation number. Unless already cancelled, your NTT DOCOMO subscription will be cancelled on the day the subscription application procedures with another carrier is complete.
- You may be unable to proceed with application procedures for a new subscription with another carrier if any charges remain overdue on your NTT DOCOMO account at the time of your new application.
- docomo UIM Cards (FOMA Cards) can be returned and telephone numbers remaining on mova phones deleted at docomo Shops.
Procedures for subscription cancellation with Mobile/PHS Number Portability (MNP)
View an explanation on procedures for current DOCOMO subscribers who wish to use MNP.
Procedures can be carried out at docomo Shops.
All shops provide this support service through interpreters, to enable foreign language speaking customers to stop by freely and comfortably.
Business hours differ by shop. See the pages of individual shops for details.
- Business hours :
- Within the business hours of the corresponding shop
Use docomo Shop Appointment
Use docomo Shop Appointment to make an appointment in advance so that you are served quickly. docomo Shop Appointment makes serving you a priority when you arrive at the shop.
- You will be attended to as soon as there are counter staff available. Please note that you may have to wait a short while.
- Hours available for appointment differ by shop and date.
About purchasing in installments
If there are any outstanding installments when you apply for cancellation, you will still be required to pay the installment payments.
Canceling your subscription will result in the termination of your Monthly Support, and charges will be made without the discount deduction.
If you pay the lump sum of the remaining installment payments to cancel your subscription to the service, the DOCOMO installment payment contract (individual credit purchase brokerage contract/installment sale contract) can be terminated.
[In the case of d POINTs (Under a personal name)]
Make sure you are issued a d ACCOUNT before cancelling your mobile phone subscription. If you have a d ACCOUNT, you can continue using d POINTs with some services as a member of d POINT CLUB after cancelling your mobile phone subscription. If a d ACCOUNT is not issued, you will not be able to continue using services such as d POINT CLUB and dmarket, and your d POINTs (also including points earned with your d CARD or d POINT CARD) will be forfeited.
- If you have a d ACCOUNT, you can continue using some services such as dmarket.
[In the case of docomo Points (Under a personal name and a corporate name)]
When you cancel your mobile phone subscription, docomo Points will be forfeited regardless of whether you have a d ACCOUNT.
- If you subscribe to a fixed period subscription type basic plan (Kake-hodai Plan, Kake-hodai Light Plan, Data Plan, or Device Plus) or if you subscribe to Ichinen Discount, New Ichinen Discount, Fami-wari MAX50, Hitoridemo Discount50, Business Discount50, Office Discount MAX50, Flat-Rate Data Discount, Flat-Rate Data STANDARD-WARI, or Xi Data Plan Ninen, the set cancellation charges may apply.
- Charges will not be calculated on a per diem basis for Pake-hodai double, Pake-hodai, Pake-hodai full, or Biz-hodai. You will be billed the flat-rate monthly charge.
- Charges such as handling fees paid at the time of subscription will not be refunded.
- You will be billed for the final settlement of your account at a later date if none of the following apply to the total charges.
- Directory assistance inquiries, collect calls, telegrams, WORLD WING call charges, and call and other charges incurred just before (approximately two hours before) cancellation of subscription
- Interest charges incurred on overdue telephone bills that were paid at financial institutions or convenience stores
- Payment for purchases made using d Payment/DOCOMO Mobile Payment or d CARD mini
- docomo kouza usage charges (remittance amounts and service charges)
- Preparation fees for itemized billing statements sent after cancellation of subscription
- If you pay charges with a bill, a bill for the charges that you already paid when settling your account may already be issued. You will be refunded for any double-billed amount.
- If you use automatic payment, funds may also be withdrawn from your bank account because DOCOMO is unable to verify remittance status with banks. If withdrawn, funds will be refunded to your bank account.
- You may be billed for dialing charges and other charges up to two months after subscription cancellation. Please retain your bank account in order to cover these charges.
- When a deposit is to be refunded, the deposit amount will be remitted to your bank account after confirming that all charges have been paid.
- [FOMA] [Xi "crossy"] You must return your docomo UIM Card (FOMA Card) at the time of subscription cancellation. We therefore recommend that you make a copy of the contents of the Phonebook on your docomo UIM Card (FOMA Card) before returning it.
- If you cancel your FOMA service subscription (including when using that as a 2in1 subscription B number) before completing the promised period of use after purchasing a mobile phone with Basic Course, you will be required to pay a Basic Course cancellation charge. That charge will apply for the number of months remaining in the promised period of use, and the charge will be ¥600 multiplied by the number of months remaining.
- If you cancel a mobile phone line set as the paired line of docomo Hikari and will continue using docomo Hikari, check Notes on using docomo Hikari without paired line set .
- In the event of the death of the mobile phone service subscriber, see Subscription Inheritance or Cancellation Due to Death of Service Subscriber .
- Unless otherwise specified, all indicated amounts exclude tax.